Delicious with a high tea , but also a special homemade gift for your Valentine: Scones with strawberries. With creamy unsweetened whipped cream, strawberry jam and fresh strawberries. Served with tea, but also really delicious with coffee.
It’s a good taste!
with #byAndreaJanssen. If you don’t want to be updated on new recipes, news and contest follow my Instagram and Facebook channel.
Homemade scones with strawberries
These creamy scones, still warm from the oven, are delicious with homemade strawberry jam and cream. This way you want a high tea just every dayPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 scones
- 140 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter frozen, grated
- 120 ml milk cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk for glaze
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream
- 6 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 240 °C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Sift the dry ingredients ( flour, sugar , baking powder and salthree times .
- Rub the frozen butter through the dough until you get a kind of coarse bread crumbs (pea size ) .
- Add the milk and mix with a wooden spoon until you get a sticky dough. The wetter the dough , the lighter the scones will be!
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and put a bit of flour on top. To make the dough more homogeneous you fold the dough gently 4 or 5 times, until the dough is soft. To get a layered effect in your scones you fold the dough instead of kneading.
- Press the dough with your hands into a rectangle about 15 by 10 cm ( 2 cm thic. Grab a cutter of 6 cm and press a scone from the dough ( do not twist the cutter ) and place the scones gently on a baking tray ( do not press ). Repeat until the dough runs out.
- Brush the top with milk and bake for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Cut the scones open and smear the bottom with strawberry jam.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of whipped cream on it and some slices of fresh strawberries.
- Cover with the top and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- baking plate
- Baking paper
- cookie cutter about 5 cm diameter
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 1mg
This post is also available in: Dutch