A recipe for a sandwich with smoked mackerel and cucumber. A delicious dish for a high tea or a light lunch. Delicious, skinny and healthy with whole wheat bread and fish.
I love to high-tea. To sit with a few friends for an afternoon and small talk while drinking tea and nice treats. Certainly not only sweet thing (although a big hooray when there is something with chocolate for a chocoholic like me), but a nice sandwich can be great. It looks so delicate and elegant.
I try to vary in sort, most of the times a serve a vegetarian, meat and fish variety, so everyone can enjoy her own preference. Today I blog one of the fish sandwiches that I make and, very healthy, with whole wheat bread.
Enough fibres, omega's and a cup of green tea with a lot of laughter. A great afternoon!
- Smoked mackerel could contain some bone you flake it preferably with your hands, so you can feel whether accidentally there is some bone left.
- you cut the cucumber into thin slices with the cheese slicer, can you spread the cucumber evenly over the slice of bread so everywhere there is a bit cucumber.
- you roll the cuts in plastic and put them a half hours in the refrigerator, they are slightly harder, making it easier to cut beautiful slices.
- you just love dill use that as a great replacement of chives (which is a good combination with fish);
- You don't like mackerel that much you can also use other fish varieties like smoked salmon or trout filet;
- This recipe is great with a high tea, but I also tip it when you've got a brunch. A nice plate with al kinds of sandwiches looks great on a table.
It's a good taste!
Recipe: Sandwich with smoked mackerel and
Sandwich with smoked mackerel and cucumber
- 150 grams Smoked mackerel
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 250 mL crème fraîche
- 1 cucumber English
- 15 grams chives sliced
- Mix the horseradish with the crème fraîche.
- Peel the cucumber and shave with the cheese slicer thin slices.
- Cut the crust of the slices of bread.
- Smear on each slice of bread a layer of the horseradish/crème fraîche.
- Put a layer of cucumber on top.
- On three slices spread some of the smoked mackerel. Put on each slice of bread with mackerel a slice (smeared site down) without the fish.
- Roll the slices and wrap each roll in plastic foil.
- Lay in the refrigerator for at least half an hour (or until needed that day).
- Take the plastic foil of and cut with a sharp knife into nice slices. Sprinkle the chives on top.