These vegetarian sandwiches with creamy radish on rye bread are a delicious and surprising addition to your high tea. A recipe that you will certainly make more often.
Not everyone likes meat or wants to eat meat or fish. For those guests you also want to serve a delicious sandwich. And these creamy radish sandwiches are great. Crispy radish combined with a creamy cheese and nicely flavored with salt and pepper. Served as a counterpart on a slightly sour piece of rye bread, it becomes a true party.
1 day in advance
- Make the radish mousse and keep it covered in the refrigerator
in the morning
- Spread the mousse on the rye bread and keep covered with plastic foil in the fridge until you serve it.
- Cut the radish into thin slices for garnish and place in a bowl of water in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, pat the radish slices dry and garnish the sandwiches.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Creamy radish
Sandwich with crunchy radish cream
- 200 grams radish + extra for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 100 grams cream cheese
- pinch pepper
- 12 slices rye bread
- Wash the radishes and halve them.
- Put them in the blender or food processor and pulse until the radishes are finely chopped.
- Put the radishes in a sieve and sprinkle with salt.
- Let stand for 30 minutes and quickly rinse the radishes with water.
- Squeeze out the remaining moisture with a tea towel.
- Mix the radishes with the cream cheese and the pepper with a spatula.
- Cut the edges of the slices of rye bread.
- Put a slice of rye bread in front of you and spread with the radish mixture.
- Place a second slice of rye bread on the radish and halve the rye bread diagonally.
- Repeat for all slices of rye bread.
- Cut the radish for garnish into very thin slices and cover with the top of the rye bread.
- by chopping the radish and then mixing them with salt, you extract moisture from the radish and your spread, when mixed with cream cheese, does not become too wet.