A delicious grilled sandwich with Camembert, caramelized apple butter and crunchy walnuts. This lunch recipe is going to stay around.
In my refrigerator I had a leftover. There was a bit of Camembert on my shelve. It's a soft cheese with a mild flavor. It's on a rare occasion that there is a piece left, and I couldn't leave it behind. So, because it was almost lunch time, I made a delicious sandwich.
Making a grilled cheese sandwich with walnuts and apple butter is a great combination. And lets hope I've got another leftover again in my refrigerator next week.
- You can substitute Camembert with Brie
- If you don't have a toaster, you can use a grill pan or a normal frying pan. Make sure that you turn your sandwich around, so you brown both sides.
- This is a great dish with a loaf of French bread.
Grilled sandwich with Camembert
This recipe is:
- 4 slices bread
- 100 grams Camembert
- 6 walnuts
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- Slice the cheese in small strips.
- Chop the walnuts.
- Arrange the cheese on two slices of bread.
- Pour the apple butter on top of the Camembert.
- Sprinkle the walnuts on the Camembert.
- Top it with the leftover, not used, slices of bread.
- Put the slices in the toaster for about 5 minutes or as long as it needs to melt the cheese.