A delicious grilled cheese sandwich with pesto, cheese, pine nuts and a slice of ham. A delicious recipe for lunch and really easy to prepare
As you used to I present you a lunch recipe. This time a sandwich again (I love a warm sandwich when it's getting cold), but this time one with a Mediterranean twist.
- This is also a very nice idea for an open baguette. Slice the baguette and smear the pesto on each half. Layer each half with the cheese and ham and sprinkle with the pine nuts. Put the two pieces of baguette under the grill for 2 minutes or until the cheese is molten;
- The pesto is also delicious when used through a bowl of spaghetti or to add taste to mashed potatoes.
Grilled cheese sandwich with pesto
This recipe is:
- 2 slices bread
- 15 grams basil
- 50 grams cheese Old cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 50-100 mL olive oil
- 1 slice cheese mature
- 1 slice ham deli
- Take the ham and put it in the hot frying pan and on low heat, bake it until it's browned.
- Clean the frying pan and roast 1 tablespoon of pine nuts on low heat in a dry frying pan until they are slightly colored and smell nutty.
- Turn of the heat and pour the nuts in a bowl. Set aside.
- In the kitchen machine bowl put the basil, old cheese (or Parmesan), 2 tablespoons of pine nuts and 1 clove of garlic.
- Turn on the kitchen machine and slice everything to very small pieces and until it's well mixed.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil at a time and pulse the kitchen machine to mix the ingredients until the pesto gets the right thickness.
- Take a slice of bread and smear 2 teaspoons pesto on one side.
- Lay the cheese on the pesto and the ham on the slices cheese.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts on top.
- Layer with the second slice of bread and put under the grill until it's done.