Delicious with homemade fries or for lunch: this recipe for a sandwich with grilled steak with caramelized onion. And ready in a wink.
This sandwich with grilled steak and crispy caramelized onions is delicious with homemade fries or for lunch. Ready in just 20 minutes, so a kind of fast-food recipe. Ideal for a busy day.
Recipe sandwich with grilled beef and caramelized onions
Sandwich with grilled steak and caramelized onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 red onion sliced in rings
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or mango vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pieces steak
- 4 Italian buns
- 30 grams arugula
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter over low heat and add the onions.
- Pour in the vinegar and mix well.
- Let the onion rings caramelize in about 5 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill pan so that it is hot.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and grill the steak on both sides for about 3 minutes so that the beef is medium done.
- Fold the steak in aluminum foil and let it rest for 3-4 minutes so that the juices are spread well within the meat.
- Meanwhile, cut open the bun.
- Slice the steak into strips and divide it over the sandwiches.
- Put a handful of arugula on top.
- Cut the cherry tomato in half and place them on top
- Grate the Parmesan cheese over the tomatoes.
- Finally, put the caramelized onion rings on top.
- Serve immediately.