This Strawberry Pistachio salad is a delicious summer classic that makes the best of this sweet and juicy, fleshy red fruit. The flavors are simply perfect: sweet strawberries, nutty pistachios, peppery arugula, and tangy balsamic dressing. So let’s enjoy this summer salad!
Strawberry Pistachio Salad
Although the strawberry season is only a few months, I’ll make the best of this fruit. I love to bake a strawberry chiffon cake. Or make strawberry lemonade with fresh strawberries or enjoy homemade strawberry ice cream.
And I often make this strawberry pistachio salad my summer go-to side dish. Because the flavors go so well together with the sweet fruit. And of course, it’s effortless to prepare!
What do you need for a Pistachio, Strawberry, and Arugula Salad?
To prepare this strawberry pistachio salad, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Strawberries - There’s only one thing you shouldn’t do with this salad. Prepare it outside strawberry season! The strawberries need to be sweet and juicy. So make this salad in late spring and summer only!
- Pistachio - Pistachio nuts are a cashew family member and have a soft texture. You could choose unsalted pistachios, but I love to add the salted ones to my salad. You could replace them with cashews or walnuts.
- Arugula - This salad green has a peppery flavor, which is an excellent combination with sweet strawberries.
- Balsamic vinegar - Use a good balsamic vinegar. It should be soft, a bit sweet, and sour.
- Olive oil - Because used in your vinaigrette, it defines the salad’s flavor. Use a good and fruity extra vierge olive oil.
How to prepare a Strawberry Pistachio Salad with Arugula?
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to the taste.
- Put the arugula (rocket) salad into your bowl and add quartered strawberries.
- Sprinkle pistachios on top.
- Pour the balsamic vinaigrette on top of the salad and mix. Serve immediately
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Strawberry Pistachio Salad
- ⅓ cups strawberries washed
- 7 oz. arugula rocket salad, washed
- ½ cup pistachios without shell
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Hull the strawberries and quarter them.⅓ cups strawberries
- Put the arugula in a bowl and divide the strawberries and pistachio nuts.7 oz. arugula, ½ cup pistachios
- Mix the balsamic vinegar and olive oil into a vinaigrette.4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Flavor the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Toss the dressing into the salad and serve immediately.