This no-churn strawberry ice cream is easy and quick to prepare, and you don't need an ice cream maker. It's fresh and creamy, and you'll only need six ingredients.
Yes, this is such an easy strawberry ice cream recipe. This ice cream has a beautiful pink color, looks elegant, creamy texture, and is silky and sweet. I know you'll going to love your own homemade ice cream when eating on a hot summer day, so let's start!
Refreshing Delight: Homemade No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream!
Are you looking for the best strawberry ice cream recipe, but don't want to buy one of those expensive ice cream makers? Don't look further because this will be your go-to recipe, with basic ingredients and the ice cream base without raw eggs.
Purée the strawberries and sieve the seeds out. That last step is optional, but you'll be grateful if you're like me and hate it when you've got seeds between your teeth.
Beat the cream to become thick and airy, and add the other ingredients. Some mascarpone to make this ice cream silky and rich, a hint of vanilla, sugar, and freshly prepared strawberry sauce. Pour everything into the freezer box, and you're done.
This recipe makes preparing and enjoying a bowl of fresh strawberry ice cream easy. I'll bet you love it (just like I did).
What do you need for a Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe No Machine?
You require the following simple ingredients to prepare this No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Strawberries: Use fresh strawberries; they give the fresh strawberry flavor, which makes this ice cream so delicious. Look for beautiful red strawberries with fresh green leaves. The strawberries should be firm and smell sweet. Wash them and remove the crown (in this order. If you first remove the crown, the strawberry will absorb the washing water and become watery)
- Lemon juice: For a slice of citrus freshness and to keep the beautiful color of the strawberries.
- Sugar: Sweetens the ice cream. Little fact: when you eat something cold, something tastes less sweet. That means making the ice cream sweeter at room temperature than it will taste when frozen.
- Cream: Use heavy cream which you can whip. Because you have to beat this, that's important. Make sure it is cold; then it stiffens better.
- Mascarpone: My secret ingredient that makes this ice cream super creamy and easy to scoop. If you only use cream, you can get ice crystals that get very hard. The Mascarpone keeps it smoother.
- Vanilla Extract: For a hint of vanilla flavor. If you can get it, use natural vanilla extract, which has a slightly deeper flavor than artificial vanilla extract. With this recipe, you can make a homemade vanilla extract (and, if you bake a lot, it is highly recommended because you can use this for a reasonable amount of time).
How to prepare Easy Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream (without Raw Eggs) (No Churn)
You can find a printable recipe for a delicious strawberry ice cream with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor or with an immersion blender. Put a sieve on top of a bowl and pour the strawberries into the sieve. You catch the seedless purée in the bowl. Whisk the lemon juice into the purée. Put in the fridge until use.
- Beat the cream with sugar on high speed with a hand mixer in a large bowl until it's got a yogurt thickness (you don't need stiff peaks). Add vanilla and mascarpone and mix until blended on low speed.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the cream mixture and mix on low speed until blended.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze the airtight container for at least three hours.
Serve with fresh strawberries and some whipped cream. Garnish with fresh mint leaves. Or scoop a few balls into an ice cream cone.
Tips, Substitutions, and Variations
- When making ice cream, it is essential that you pre-cool the ingredients well before you start.
- For the chocoholics: Add small pieces of chocolate or chocolate chips (about ¼ cup) to the ice cream.
- Also delicious: Top with roasted walnuts or pecans.
- Strawberries: The best in strawberry season. But if you're out of season or want a different flavor, you could also use this recipe for making blueberry, raspberry, or peach ice cream.
- If you make the ice cream and eat it within 24 hours, you could also use a loaf pan, line it with parchment paper, and pour the ice cream mixture into it. Cover with plastic wrap. Because it's not airtight, you can't keep it for longer than 2 to 3 days in the fridge, or you will get freezer burn.
- If you like chunks of strawberries, take about ¼ cup of strawberries, wash and hull them and mash them with a potato masher until you've got strawberry chunks. Add them with the strawberry syrup to the ice cream base.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Watch How to Make It
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1.1 lb strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cream
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Puree the strawberries in a blender.1.1 lb strawberries
- Pour them through a fine sieve so no seeds are in your juice.
- Whisk with the lemon juice and put for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Put all the ingredients (including the sugar) in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for the best results.
Strawberry ice cream (no ice cream machine)
- Beat the cream with the sugar until it's yogurt thickness.1 cup cream, 1¼ cup sugar
- With a spatula, mix the mascarpone and vanilla extract through the cream.1 cup mascarpone, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the strawberry puree and whisk it through the cream.
- Pour it into a freezer box and let it freeze for at least 3 hours.
- For the chocoholics: Add small pieces of chocolate (about ⅓ cup) to the ice cream.
- Also delicious: Top with roasted walnuts or pecans.
- Freezer: You can store the no-churn strawberry ice cream for one month. When ice crystals appear on the top (freezer burn) in the meantime, throw it away.