A delicious creamy Dutch no-churn Licorice Ice Cream Recipe without an Ice Cream Machine. Easy and super tasty to make. You don't even need an ice cream maker (and you can't taste it). Just whipped cream, milk, Mascarpone, sugar, vanilla extract, and licorice! The ice cream is soft, easy to scoop, and a delicious dessert on hot days.
Dutch No-Churn Licorice Ice Cream
Did you know there is food for which you can wake me up: anything with chocolate and licorice? I make the most delicious desserts with chocolate, but have you ever tasted a delicious ice cream with licorice? One of my favorite homemade ice cream recipes.
You don't even need an ice machine. You may wonder how that is possible, but the trick is to make the ice cream base with Mascarpone and whipped cream. The Mascarpone is a bit fatter and ensures that this ice cream is creamy. And because of the airiness of the whipped cream, the ice cream becomes wonderfully airy.
And another great thing is that you don't need egg yolks or white (so no raw eggs, and that's why this ice cream is suitable for anyone. Except when having high blood pressure, you should watch out for eating licorice).
What do you need for this Black liquorice ice cream recipe?
To prepare this homemade licorice ice cream, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Cream - By whipping the heavy cream, air bubbles are created, making the ice cream wonderfully airy. Make sure you use whipping cream. Some creams are only pourable, and you want to avoid using these.
- Sugar - Sweeten the ice cream. Little fact: when you eat something cold, something tastes less sweet. That means making the ice cream sweeter at room temperature than it will taste when frozen.
- Mascarpone - My secret ingredient that makes this ice cream super creamy and easy to scoop. If you only use cream, you can get ice crystals that get very hard. The Mascarpone keeps it smoother.
- Vanilla Extract - For a hint of vanilla flavor. If you can get it, use natural vanilla extract, which has a slightly deeper flavor than artificial vanilla extract. With this recipe, you can make a homemade vanilla extract (and, if you bake a lot, it is highly recommended because you can use this for a reasonable amount of time).
- Whole milk - To dissolve the licorice in
- Licorice candies - In this recipe, I chose salty licorice. But sweet licorice or laurel would also be delicious.
- Black food coloring - Fully optional; you could add some black food coloring to get black ice cream.
How to prepare this Easy Licorice Ice Cream?
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Cut the licorice on a medium heat into small pieces and place in a medium saucepan. Add the milk. Heat so you get hot milk, and your licorice will dissolve.
- Heat over low heat until the licorice has dissolved. This may take a while; the licorice mixture does not need to boil. Let cool quickly.
- Whip the cream in a large bowl with the sugar until it becomes lumpy. Add the Mascarpone, vanilla, and licorice mix and mix until it has a Greek Yogurt thickness.
- Place in a freezer container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
And do you feel like making even more ice cream? Then look at this delicious lemon ice cream, creamy apple pie ice cream, or Oreo ice cream. All can be made without an ice cream machine.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
No-Churn Licorice Ice Cream
- 4 oz. Licorice
- 1 cup cream
- 2 ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Finely chop the licorice and put it in a saucepan.4 oz. Licorice
- Pour in the milk and heat over low heat until the licorice has dissolved. Let cool.½ cup whole milk
- Mix the cream with the sugar until it is yogurt thickness.1 cup cream, 2 ½ cup sugar
- Add Mascarpone, vanilla extract, and melted licorice and mix until it has the thickness of Greek yogurt.1 cup mascarpone, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Freeze in the freezer for at least 4 to 5 hours.
- Freezer - You can store the black licorice ice cream for one month. If you see ice crystals appearing on the top in the meantime, you better throw it away.
Leave a Reply