A delicious homemade banana ice cream recipe with just 4 ingredients. Super easy to prepare. And you don't need a machine for this one.
The recipe originated from a overdose of ripe bananas. The children won't eat them as they can see the bananas, but if I make something of it that doesn't show them in their original form they still can love it! And especially when it becomes ice cream. A rich and flavorful ice cream in which you can taste small lumps of banana. Ice cream that doesn't taste like some artificial food additives. Yes, this banana ice cream will get the monkeys out of their trees!
- the bananas are very ripe, you won't need as much sugar as usually in ice making to get a delicious sweet taste.
- you've got to little ripe bananas (or little time) you freeze them until making this recipe. Just peel the bananas, put them in a freezer bag and freeze. They can be stored up to a month.
- Substitute the sugar with honey or stevia. Notice that sugar is sweeter in comparison with honey. After cooling down the mixture in the refrigerator and taste before freezing. It should be tasting quite sweet, because after freezing the sweetness will be less.
- chocolate syrup. Banana and chocolate are a golden combination. Try it yourself.
- Add some chopped pecans or chocolate chunks through this ice cream.
- The ice can be stored in a air tight container in the freezer If you get crystals on top throw it away.
Other delicious ice cream
- Creamy apple pie ice cream
- honey ice cream with dark chocolate
- mango apple and passion fruit ice cream (vegan)
- Lime frozen yogurt
It's a good taste!
Recipe banana ice
Did you make this banana ice cream? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Banana ice cream
This recipe is:
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 500 mL cream
- 125 grams sugar
- Purée (or mash) the bananas roughly.
- Mix with the lemon juice and the sugar.
- Put in the refrigerator until it's cold, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk the cream until it's as thick as yogurt.
- Add the cream with the banana mixture.
- Pour the ice cream in the container and freeze for at least 3 hours.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.