For this creamy banana ice cream, you use cream, sugar, a drop of lemon, and ripe bananas. And then you get this delicious scoopable, creamy ice cream. Such as the good quality ice cream that you buy in the grocery store. You don't even need an ice cream maker! Only the taste of this banana ice cream is so much better. You taste the pure banana, no extract. And that's why homemade ice cream is so much tastier than store-bought.
The recipe originated from an overdose of ripe bananas. The children won't eat them as they can see the brown spots, but if I make something of it that doesn't show them in their original form they still can love it!
And especially when it becomes ice cream. A rich and flavorful cold snack in which you can taste small lumps of sweet fruit. And this cold snack doesn't taste like some artificial food additives. Yes, this banana ice cream will get the monkeys out of their trees!
Creamy banana ice cream made without an ice cream maker. That pure taste of homemade ice cream is so delicious, nothing can beat that!
- Bananas - Of course, this homemade ice cream contains bananas. Use nice ripe bananas (they can have brown spots). These contain more fruit sugars and therefore you need to add less sugar.
- Cream - You use an ice cream maker to get fluffy ice cream. But because this recipe is made without an ice cream machine, you use cream that you beat until stiff.
- Lemon - A little bit of lemon juice is used to prevent discoloration of the bananas.
Step 1 - Peel the bananas
Peel the bananas and remove any threads.
Step 2 - Mash them
Use a fork and mash the fruit. Mix the mashed banana with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
Step 3 Mix all the ingredients
Beat the cream with the sugar until just stiff. Stir in the mashed banana mixture and mix well.
Step 4 - Freeze!
Pour the cream mixture into a freezer container and place in the freezer. After about four hours it is sufficiently frozen so that you can easily scoop it. But you can also leave it in the freezer a little longer. Then, when serving, let it stand at room temperature for five minutes, so that it becomes scoopable again.
Of course this pure banana ice cream is super tasty, but have you also thought about these variants?
- Rum and chocolate - Banana ice cream with a tic (and super tasty). Add 1 tablespoon of rum and 3 tablespoons of finely chopped dark chocolate to your cream.
- Walnut and chocolate - Delicious homemade ice cream with a bite. Roast walnuts in a pan and chop finely. Add 3 tablespoons of walnuts and 3 tablespoons of finely chopped dark chocolate.
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream - When You Can't Get Enough Chocolate! Add 3 tablespoons of cocoa and 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips to the cream mixture before freezing. Irresistibly delicious.
- Oreo banana ice cream - It's not for nothing that ice cream with cookies is delicious. But ice cream with chocolate cookies gets a big 10. Crumble 10 Oreo cookies and stir them through the banana ice cream.
- Strawberry banana ice cream - Puree 10 strawberries and stir them into the liquid ice cream mixture before freezing for a delicious fruity taste.
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Watch How to Make It
Homemade Creamy Banana Ice Cream
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- Freezer box
- 3 bananas ripe, can be frozen bananas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cream you can also use heavy cream
- ⅔ cups sugar
- Purée (or mash) the bananas roughly.3 bananas
- Mix with the lemon juice and the sugar.1 teaspoon lemon juice, ⅔ cups sugar
- Put in the refrigerator until it's cold, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk the cream until it's as thick as yogurt.2 cups cream
- Add the cream with the banana mixture.
- Pour the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for at least 4 hours.