This frozen yogurt with red fruit has a slightly sweet flavor. It melts on your tongue. Along with a splash of jam and fresh fruit it becomes a delicious dessert or snack.
Into the frozen yogurt I put some honey to make it a bit sweeter. And if you don't have an ice cream maker, look quickly at the tips which describes how to make the frozen yogurt without!
- If you don't have an ice cream maker then you make the ice cream mixture and pour it carefully into a freezer box. Put the box in the freezer and mix with a fork every half hour into the mixture so that the lumps are smaller and the mixture stays nice and airy. Repeat until completely frozen.
- In the spring / summer there is plenty of red fruit to obtain and that is nice to use. But there are more great combinations like orange marmalade and small pieces of citrus fruit or apple and pear cubes seasoned with cinnamon.
Up to 1 year in advance:
- Make the jam, jam can be stored 1 year. The recipe I used in this recipe is the red currant with port wine jam but make sure you look at the other delicious jam recipes on the blog to.
1 week in advance:
- This dish is great to make ahead one week and store it in the freezer.
It's a good taste!
Recipe frozen yogurt with red
Did you make this frozen yogurt with red fruit? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Frozen yogurt with red fruit
- 2 limes juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500 ml Greek yoghurt
- 2 egg whites size L
- Red currant jam with port wine
- red currants garnish and other red fresh fruits and mint leaves
- Whisk the lime juice, honey, vanilla extract until everything is well mixed.
- Add the yogurt and mix again.
- Take a clean bowl and beat the egg whites until they are stiff.
- Add ⅓ of the stiff egg whites to the yoghurt mixture and stir gently until everything is mixed. That way, the yoghurt mixture get used to the airiness of the egg whites.
- Then gently add the rest of the egg whites and with a spatula mix them gently through the mixture.
- Spoon into glasses and let freeze-up in the freezer (at least 3 hours)
- Just before serving you scoop a spoonful of jam on top of the yogurt and garnish everything with fresh fruit and mint leaves.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.