Pepernoten are associated with Sinterklaas, they are crunchy and got warming herbs. They are also a great combination with the creamy ice cream. This pepernoten ice cream cake made with a base of pepernoten is made quickly and becomes a delicious dessert.
This ice cream cake at the bottom is made of crushed pepernoten. Then a creamy layer of airy cream filled with crushed chocolate pepernoten is smeared on top. When you fill that into a cake tin and put it in the freezer and allow it to set, you get this delicious pepernoten ice cream cake.
- you mix the cream until it's almost stiffen you won't need an ice machine to get an airy ice cream cake.
- you line the mold with baking paper, the ice-cream cake will easy release from the mold.
- the ice cream cake is very hard as it comes out of the freezer, so let it stand for 10 minutes at room temperature to soften before you slice it.
Recipe Pepernoten ice cream cake
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to seeing it. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
Pepernoten ice cream cake
- 100 grams pepernoten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 150 grams chocolate pepernoten
- 500 ml cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Line he cake tin with baking paper.
- Grind the kruidnoten fine in a blender.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and stir the kruidnoten through.
- Add the mixture at the bottom of the cake pan and flatten with the back of the spoon.
- Put the mold in the refrigerator.
- Chop the chocolate ginger nuts coarsely.
- Mix the cream with the sugar until it is almost stiff (like thick Greek yogurt).
- With a spatula, mix the chocolate pepernoten and any crumbs through the whipped cream.
- Remove the mold from the refrigerator and spoon the whipped chocolate pepernoten cream in the form.
- Smooth the top and allow at least six hours to harden in the freezer.
- Just before use you take the ice cream cake from the freezer and remove the baking paper.
- Allow about 10 minutes to soften before slicing.