Carrot cake one of my favorite cakes, because it stays deliciously moist while giving the cake its a delicious taste. This time I added pepernoten and gingerbread spices. A delicious cake with Sinterklaas!
And during coffee, we can enjoy this delicious carrot cake with pepernoten. You can still finish it on time.
Next recipe we will switch to Christmas spirit and I have super nice ideas. But more about that tomorrow!
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to looking it up. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
carrot cake with pepernoten
- 250 grams carrots
- 150 grams butter + extra for greasing
- 150 grams sugar
- 2 eggs size L
- 200 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons gingerbread spices
- 100 grams pepernoten
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease the cake tin with butter
- Grate the carrot and put it in a bowl.
- Melt the butter on a low heat and make sure it does not turn brown.
- Pour the butter with the carrot and mix well.
- Add the sugar and eggs. Whisk well.
- In a second bowl, mix flour, baking powder, pinch of salt and gingerbread spices with a fork.
- Add the flour mixture to the carrot mixture and stir with a spatula until all the flour is wet.
- Mix the pepernoten into the batter and pour the batter into the cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Leave in the baking tin for 5 minutes. Then cut the edges loose and remove the cake from the tin. Allow to cool on a rack.