Carrot cake one of my favorite cakes, because it stays deliciously moist while giving the cake it's delicious taste. This time I added pepernoten and gingerbread spices. A delicious cake with Sinterklaas!
The last Sinterklaas recipe for this year. Because after today he will sail back to Spain with his ship. And we finally get a good night's sleep (I hope). No more voice that asks at 6 o'clock in the morning: "If it is already morning, I will go and see what is brought for gifts in my shoe."
What will I miss that ;-). Nevertheless, we had a wonderful Sinterklaas time, where we will end it with a nice evening with the whole family. And of course there are also some gifts ready for the children. Sinterklaas would never forget that.
And during coffee we can enjoy this delicious carrot cake with pepernoten. You can still finish it on time.
Next recipe we will switch to Christmas spirit and I have super nice ideas. But more about that tomorrow!
It's a good taste!
Recipe carrot cake with
Did you make this carrot cake with pepernoten? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
carrot cake with pepernoten
- 250 grams carrots
- 150 grams butter + extra for greasing
- 150 grams sugar
- 2 eggs size L
- 200 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons gingerbread spices
- 100 grams pepernoten
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease the cake tin with butter
- Grate the carrot and put it in a bowl.
- Melt the butter on a low heat and make sure it does not turn brown.
- Pour the butter with the carrot and mix well.
- Add the sugar and eggs. Whisk well.
- In a second bowl, mix flour, baking powder, pinch of salt and gingerbread spices with a fork.
- Add the flour mixture to the carrot mixture and stir with a spatula until all the flour is wet.
- Mix the pepernoten into the batter and pour the batter into the cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Leave in the baking tin for 5 minutes. Then cut the edges loose and remove the cake from the tin. Allow to cool on a rack.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.