Pepernoten chocolates, creamy chocolate (dark, white and milk chocolate) with crunchy pepernoten. A nice side dish at the sweet table on Sinterklaas evening. Yummy!
In my search for discovering delicious recipes, I made these pepernoten chocolates with 3 types of chocolate. So there is a delicious taste for every chocolate lover.
With 3 ingredients and 15 minutes you can easily make this simple recipe. And I can assure you it is very much appreciated. At least here. Youngest loves pure and took care of it. The white ones disappeared in the mouth of the middle and the oldest attacked the milk chocolate. Calculate what was left for me. Nothing ;-). That’s life.
- You add the butter so that the chocolates do not harden through and through, but remain slightly creamy
- This recipe is made with 3 types of chocolate, but you can of course use any type that you like
- You can make this with pepernoten, but it is also very tasty to prepare it with gingerbread or speculaas cookies.
It's a good taste!
- 100 grams pepernoten
- 50 grams white chocolate
- 50 grams milk chocolate
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Chop the pepernoten and divide them into three portions.
- Put a pan of water on the fire and heat it.
- Hang a bowl above the water and add the white chocolate and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- When the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in some of the gingerbread cookies.
- Make heaps on the baking paper until it runs out.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 for both other types of chocolate (milk and dark).
- Allow the chocolate to set at room temperature.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet