Do you like chocolates? These Dutch Pepernoten Chocoladeflikken are a really great recipe. Because chocolate and pepernoten is a delicious combination (think of pepernoten chocolates). You definitely can't leave them on the plate!
It's almost December 5th (Sinterklaas time) again and so a delicious recipe with pepernoten. In my quest to discover delicious recipes, I made these pepernoten chocolates with 3 types of chocolate. So there is a delicious taste for every candy butt.
With 3 ingredients and 15 minutes, you can easily make this simple recipe. And I can assure you it is very much appreciated. At least here. Youngest loves pure and took care of it. The white ones disappeared in the mouth of the middle and the oldest attacked the milk chocolate. Calculate what was left for me. Nothing ;-). Well, that’s life.
Ingredients for pepernoten chocolates
A full list of ingredients can be found at the end of this blog.
- Chocolate - You can vary wonderfully with the types of chocolate. This recipe is made with 3 kinds of chocolate, but of course, you can use any kind you like.
- Butter - You add the butter so that the chocolates do not become hard through and through, but remain slightly creamy.
- Pepernoten - You can make this with pepernoten, but it is also very tasty to prepare it with speculaas or gingerbread.
Preparation Sinterklaas chocolates with Pepernoten
A recipe that you can easily print can be found at the bottom of the blog.
- Put the butter and chocolate in cubes in a fireproof dish and hang it over boiling water, so that you melt the chocolate (without burning it). This is also called au Bain-Marie.
- Stir everything together well.
- Add the chopped pepernoten and mix well.
- Use two tablespoons to make heaps on baking paper and let the chocolate set at room temperature. Repeat all steps for the other kinds of chocolates.
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Pepernoten Chocoladeflikken (Dutch Pepernoten Chocolates)
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 3½ oz. pepernoten chopped
- 2 oz. white chocolate chopped, finely
- 2 oz. milk chocolate chopped, finely
- 2 oz. dark chocolate chopped, finely
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Chop the pepernoten and divide them into three portions.3½ oz. pepernoten
- Put a pan of water on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Hang a bowl above the water (don't touch the water) and add the white chocolate and 1 tablespoon of butter.2 oz. white chocolate, 3 tablespoons butter
- When the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in some of the gingerbread cookies.
- Make heaps on the baking paper until you don't have any more chocolate mixture.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 for both other types of chocolate (milk and dark).2 oz. milk chocolate, 2 oz. dark chocolate, 3 tablespoons butter
- Allow the chocolate to set at room temperature.
- Room Temperature - Store the chocolates at Room Temperature, in the dark. This way they stay good for up to 2 weeks.
- Refrigerator - Always store chocolate at room temperature. If you store it in the refrigerator (which is a humid environment), a white haze will form on the chocolate due to the condensation. However, if it gets so hot that your chocolate melts, keep it in an airtight box in the refrigerator for as short a time as possible. And take it out again when it cools down.
- Freezer - Although you don't expect it, you can freeze chocoladeflikken. Let them cool in the fridge for an hour and then wrap them in plastic wrap. Then put them in a freezer box. This way they stay good for up to a month. Let thaw at room temperature. This way they stay good for up to a month (it may be that the texture of the gingerbread cookies changes slightly).