Chocolate pepernoten, doesn't that sounds delicious? This recipe for chocolate pepernoten pudding is a delicious cream pudding and a great Sinterklaas dessert. Delicious to the last bite!
It's almost December 5th and then Sinterklaas comes by and brings present. So we start with the Sinterklaas week and will present a variety of delicacies. And we start off with this chocolate pepernoten pudding. Chocolate pepernoten, because they seem to vanish around here. I opened the bag with chocolate pepernoten, turned around and ... gone. Empty. Zilch, nada, nothing. No child in sight (which of course were quietly snacking away the pepernoten).
But fortunately, thanks to my secret stash (which I can say nothing about reading because the small ones are reading aside with you) I succeeded to make this pudding. The cream in the pudding is slightly sweet, but not to much because you add pepernoten with chocolate coating through and it otherwise becomes to sweet.
- you rinse the pudding form with cold water before adding the cream, the pudding will loosen more easily.
- gelatine is used in this recipe it ain't vegetarian, but if don't want to use gelatin use agar agar as a vegetarian substitute.
- you add the gelatin to the hot liquid so it dissolves well. Don't let the liquid come to a boil when added because it loses binding force.
Recipe Chocolate pepernoten pudding
Chocolate pepernoten pudding
- Pudding form
- 6 sheets gelatine = 10 grams
- 250 mL whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40 grams sugar
- 3 tablespoons caramel syrup
- 500 ml cream
- 200 grams chocolate pepernoten roughly chopped.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water.
- Pour into a saucepan the milk, vanilla extract, sugar and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the gelatin. Mix well with a whisk.
- Pour the caramel syrup with the milk mixture and whisk.
- Let cool for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Then whip the cream until stiff.
- With a spatula, mix 150 grams of the chocolate pepernoten and the milk mixture into the whipped cream.
- Pour the pudding into the mold and cover it with a lid or foil and put at least 3 hours in the refrigerator to stiffen.
- Just before serving, slide the pudding on a plate. Garnish with the rest of the chocolate pepernoten.