Pepernoten are associated with Sinterklaas, in this recipe for a delicious pepernoten cake, they are added to the batter. Therefore you get a delicious crispy cake, I'm sure Sinterklaas will like it.
Tomorrow the last dish in the Sinterklaas series, and for today this Pepernoten cake.
And with pound cakes you can always vary endlessly, which is the case in this recipe in which the batter is mixed with pepernoten. The pepernoten give a crunchy taste, while the cake still is nice and creamy. Sinterklaas probably loves this cake a lot.
- you want a most airy cake, use all the ingredients at room temperature.
- you sift the flour, you will get fewer lumps in the batter.
- you add a pinch of salt the cake becomes more delicious in flavor. The salt brings out the sweet.
It's a good taste!
- 200 gram unsalted butter + extra for greasing
- 150 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs size L
- 200 grams self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 grams kruidnoten
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease the cake tin with butter.
- Put the butter with the sugar in a bowl and mix until the butter mixture is pale yellow in color and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Beat in the eggs one by one (until the former one is incorporated) while continuing to mix.
- Stir the salt and vanilla into the batter and mix for 1 minute.
- Turn off the machine and sieve the flour over the bowl.
- Mix again for 1 minute on low speed.
- Mix with a spatula the kruidnoten through the batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake 60 to 70 minutes in the oven until the cake is done.
- (check with a skewer stick. If the skewer comes out dry the cake is done).
- Let stand for 5 minutes in the tin and then release the cake from the tin on a wire rack.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Immersion hand blender and hand mixer
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Pound cake tin