Fondant (Borstplaat in Dutch) is a traditional snack at Sinterklaas. And given my crush with chocolate seemed a recipe with chocolate fondant should be the one.
I am in possession of an official borstplaat form that I can use. They are not very expensive and for sale at the cooking store. But if you don't have one, then you can use cookie cutters. How larger the cookie cutters, how long it takes to dry the borstplaat.
I'm going to enjoy my borstplaat with a nice cup of tea. One of my most favorite treats at this time. Where are you going to enjoy tonight?
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 50 grams butter
- 6 tablespoons cream
- 250 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- Line a baking plate with baking paper.
- Brush your mold with butter so that the borstplaat gets out easily.
- Heat the cream, butter, and sugar in a saucepan. Stir until all is dissolved.
- Cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat, add the cocoa and vanilla extract, and mix.
- Pour into the form.
- Let cool until it has hardened.
- Take out of the forms.
- If you don't have a fondant form, spread the fondant on a baking tray, let it harden and cut out the round form with a cookie cutter