Borstplaat is a traditional snack at Sinterklaas. And given my crush with chocolate seemed a recipe with chocolate borstplaat should be the one.
I am in possession of an official borstplaat form that I can use. They are not very expensive and for sale at the cooking store. But if you don't have one, then you can use cookie cutters. How larger the cookie cutters, how longer it takes to dry the borstplaat.
I'm going to enjoy my borstplaat with a nice cup of tea. One of my most favorite treats at this time. Where are you going to enjoy tonight?
It's a good taste!
Did you make this chocolate fondant? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 50 grams butter
- 6 tablespoons cream
- 250 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- Line a baking plate with baking paper.
- Brush your mold with butter so that the borstplaat gets out easily.
- Heat the cream, butter and sugar in a saucepan. Stir until all is dissolved.
- Cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat and mix the cocoa and vanilla extract through.
- Pour into the form.
- Let cool until it has hardened.
- Take out of the forms.
- If you don't have a fondant form, spread the fondant on a baking tray, let it harden and cut out the round form with a cookie cutter
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.