This delicious Oreo Gelato will amaze you with pure flavors. The ice cream made without eggs, for which you do not need an ice cream machine, is incredibly creamy, airy, and easy to scoop. And quick and easy to make with only 3 ingredients!
Oreo Gelato without an Ice Cream Maker
Now my oldest is completely crazy about Oreo ice cream these days. I had to taste that once myself. And he thought I should make it myself. Well, quite a good idea actually. The challenge: the ice machine was broken, which means we had to do without it.
No problem at all because I often make ice cream without an ice cream maker. It is important that the base already contains sufficient air (for example, whipped cream). In addition, occasionally mix the ice cream while it is in the freezer. As a result, the Oreo pieces are better distributed. So I made basic ice cream and mixed the coarse Oreo pieces in. The result: a super tasty ice cream. I can totally imagine why this is a favorite! And from now on you can easily make this at home too!
No Churn Oreo Ice Cream
You will need the following ingredients for the preparation of Oreo Gelato (the correct amounts can be found at the bottom of the blog in the recipe card):
- Oreo Cookies - Chocolate cookies with a vanilla filling. Roughly chop and mix with the whipped cream. If you prefer finer pieces, put the cookies in a plastic bag and beat the cookies with a rolling pin. You can also replace the Oreo cookies with other (Oreo) cookies.
- Cream - By whipping the cream to yogurt thickness, you store air in the cream, so that the ice cream has a good structure and is easy to scoop. Use the cream as cold as possible (this will make it stiffen better and easier to freeze).
- Sugar - Sugar is to sweeten the gelato. Note that tasting is of little use as it will taste much sweeter compared to the end result as ice cream. This is because the cold weakens the sweetness.
How do you make Homemade Ice Cream with Oreo
A recipe with extensive steps, the right amount of ingredients, and which you can also easily print can be found at the bottom of the blog.
- The base - Add the sugar to the cream and mix until it becomes Greek yogurt thicness.
- The Cookies - Chop the Oreo cookies, coarse or fine, and add them to the base.
- Gently mix - Gently mix the biscuits into the cream mixture with a spatula. This allows you to retain as much air as possible.
- Making ice cream - Carefully pour the cream mixture into the freezer container and stir with a fork. Place in the freezer and let it freeze for at least 4 hours. Stir the ice cream with a fork every 30 minutes to keep the Oreo evenly distributed through your Oreo Gelato.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
No Machine Oreo Gelato
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 3½ oz. Oreo cookies
- 2 cups cream
- ⅓ cups sugar
- Break the Oreo cookies into coarse bits.3½ oz. Oreo cookies
- Add the cream and sugar to a large bowl and mix them at medium-high speed until the whipped cream got the thickness of yogurt.2 cups cream, ⅓ cups sugar
- With a spatula mix, the Oreo pieces through the cream.
- Pour into a freezer box and put it in the freezer.
- Stir every 30 minutes, so the Oreo cookies will mix through the ice cream (and don't sink to the bottom). Repeat for 4 to 5 times.
If you prefer finer pieces, put the cookies in a plastic bag and beat the cookies with a rolling pin. You can also replace the Oreo cookies with other (Oreo) cookies and flavors. 2. - Cream By whipping the cream to yogurt thickness, you store air in the cream, so that the ice cream has a good structure and is easy to scoop. Use the cream as cold as possible (this will make it easier to stiffen when beaten, and easier to freeze). 3. - Sugar Sugar is to sweeten the ice cream. Note that tasting is of little use as it will taste much sweeter compared to the end result as ice cream. This is because the cold weakens the sweetness. 4. - Making Ice Cream Without Machine To ensure that the ice cream remains airy, easy to scoop, and creamy, do the following:
- Whip the whipping cream to yogurt thickness (the air you normally get from turning the ice cream is already in the cream base).
- Stir the ice cream with a fork every 30 minutes (4 to 5 times in total). As a result, the Oreo distributes itself well through the ice.