Get ready to indulge your senses with a decadent floral treat perfect for any season. Lavender ice cream is a delicate and delightful dessert that will transport you to a dreamy and peaceful state of mind.
With its subtle yet distinct flavor and smooth and creamy texture, this ice cream is a delight for the taste buds. This lavender-infused dessert will surely impress, whether you enjoy it on a warm summer day or a cozy winter night. So grab your ice cream maker, and let's get started on this sweet and soothing recipe.
Indulge Your Senses in Sweet Lavender Ice Cream
If you're looking for a unique and delicious dessert, look no further than lavender ice cream. This floral-infused treat is a true indulgence for the senses, with its delicate flavor and creamy texture that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Lavender has long been prized for its soothing properties and enchanting fragrance, and now you can enjoy these benefits in the form of ice cream. This dessert is delicious and has a calming effect, making it the perfect choice for a relaxing evening at home.
And as for my harvested lavender. I always put some lavender in a jar and fill it with sugar. That way I get lavender sugar, which is very tasty in homemade cake or sprinkled on the topping of a cupcake. On my blog you can also find delicious recipes using lavender as apple jelly with lavender, lavender cupcakes and lavender lemonade. And this time, I also used it to make this delicious lavender ice cream.
What do you need for Lavender Gelato Recipe?
To prepare this Lavender Ice Cream, you require the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Lavender - Lavender is a herb with a strong flavor and is fresh, slightly sweet, and bitter. The lavender adds a subtle and unique flavor to the ice cream, creating a refreshing flavor profile. Use organic lavender for this ice cream.
- Milk - For a creamy milky flavor in the ice cream. Use whole milk.
- Mascarpone - My secret ingredient that makes this ice cream super creamy and easy to scoop. If you only use cream, you can get ice crystals that get very hard. The mascarpone keeps it smoother.
- Vanilla Extract - For a hint of vanilla flavor. If you can get it, use natural vanilla extract, which has a slightly deeper flavor than artificial vanilla extract. With this recipe, you can make a homemade vanilla extract (and, if you bake a lot, it is highly recommended because you can use this for a reasonable amount of time).
- Sugar - Sweeten the ice cream. Little fact: when you eat something cold, something tastes less sweet. That means making the ice cream sweeter at room temperature than it will taste when frozen.
- White wine - Use a dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. If you prefer not to use it, use lemon juice instead.
How to prepare Lavender Mascarpone Ice Cream
You can find a printable recipe with a detailed description at the bottom of this blog.
- To start, heat the milk, sugar, vanilla extract, lavender, and mascarpone in a saucepan until warm but not boiling. Turn off the heat. Let it steep for 10–15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any bits of lavender.
- Add the wine and let the mixture cool in the refrigerator. When cooled, take it out of the fridge and mix on high speed for 4 minutes.
- Transfer it to a freezer box and put it into the freezer. Stir every 30 minutes with a fork until the ice cream is frozen.
Garnish with some fresh lavender leaves.
Variations and Tips
- Dried lavender can taste bitter, use fresh lavender in this recipe.
- If you can get some fresh lavender, it is important to use unsprayed, organic lavender.
- To add an extra lavender flavor, put one lavender flower in ½ cup (100 grams) of sugar and mix everything well for at least 8 hours. The lavender will flavor the sugar, which afterward you can use in this recipe.
- To get an airy ice cream, mix everything well for 3 minutes.
- By using mascarpone, the ice cream will become creamier. You do not want lumps of mascarpone, and therefore heat everything.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Lavender Ice Cream
- 3 tablespoons lavender fresh
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine dry
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- In a saucepan, combine the lavender flowers, milk, mascarpone, vanilla extract, and sugar.3 tablespoons lavender, 1 cup whole milk, 1 cup mascarpone, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ cup sugar
- Bring slowly to a boil while stirring.
- When the sugar and mascarpone are dissolved, turn the heat off.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes, and strain it to get an ice cream base.
- Add the wine and let it cool in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.2 tablespoons white wine
- Beat with a mixer on high speed for about 3 minutes.
- Pour into a freezer box and place in the freezer.
- Stir every half hour with a fork (until the ice cream is frozen).