This No-churn Lemon Ice cream is such an easy recipe. Made without an ice cream maker, all you need is cream, mascarpone, sugar, vanilla extract, and fresh lemons! A nice, scoopable, and fresh ice cream in summer times. Make this lemon ice cream without a machine, and you will see how easy it can be.
No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream
Now the warm weather has arrived, there is nothing better than a scoop of ice. Delicious ice cream and fresh ice cream. And so this recipe for wonderful ice cream with a lemon scent was invented, easy to make with only a freezer: lemon ice cream prepared without an ice cream machine.
Without a machine, you can make delicious, airy, creamy ice cream, which is easily scoopable. This recipe is so delightful. First, mixing the cream before freezing captures the air. Then, by adding the mascarpone, it becomes silky and creamy. And you'll taste it every bite, where the ice cream melts in your mouth. Excellent, exquisite, irresistible. Bon appetite!
What do you need for Lemon Ice Cream without an Ice Cream Maker?
To prepare this no-churn Lemon Ice cream, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Cream - Use a cream you can whip (written on the package). By using whipped cream, you make your ice cream full of air.
- Mascarpone - This is my secret ingredient, ensuring this ice cream is rich and scoopable. Only using the cream will freeze until it's hard, and you can't make any ice cream balls. The mascarpone makes sure you can handle it much better.
- Sugar - Sweetener of this ice cream.
- Vanilla Extract - If you can get it, use natural vanilla extract, which has a slightly deeper flavor than artificial vanilla extract. With this recipe, you can make your own vanilla extract (and indeed, if you bake a lot, it is highly recommended because you can use this for a reasonable amount of time).
- Lemons - Freshly squeezed lemon juice. Nothing can beat that. Use organic lemons because you also need a lemon peel.
How to prepare No-Churn Fresh Lemon Ice Cream?
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog. Ensure all your ingredients are as cold as possible for the best results. Also, place the sugar and lemon juice in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the cream with sugar until it's got a yogurt thickness. Add the mascarpone and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- Add the lemon juice and zest.
- And mix through the cream mixture with a spatula.
- Pour into a freezer box and put in the freezer for at least three hours.
Garnish with some fresh lemon peel because it looks so beautiful!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- 1 cup cream
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Ensure all your ingredients are as cold as possible for the best results. Also, place the sugar and lemon juice in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the cream with the sugar until it is just lobed (yogurt thickness).1 cup cream, 1¼ cup sugar
- Spoon the mascarpone and vanilla extract into the cream mixture until it's incorporated. It should have the thickness of Greek yogurt.1 cup mascarpone, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add fresh lemon juice and the zest to the cream.
- Use a spatula and mix everything.¼ cup lemon juice, ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Pour into a freezer box and put at least 3 hours in the freezer.