The best chocolate ice cream recipe I've ever tasted. Creamy ice and a full chocolate flavor. Can be prepared with and without ice maker. Try it yourself.
One of my addictions is known by my loyal readers: Chocolate You can wake me up in the middle of the night for a piece of chocolate. And what color or type doesn't matter, I haven't discovered a bar I do not like, so far. And now I have found the recipe, where the ice cream is so delicious and full of chocolate flavor.
Unfortunately, my kids and husband loved that too. And no matter what I tried : conviction that it wasn't tasting right (what was I thinking), hiding , another label on the box nothing helped my oldest just knows that the chocolate is in the house and even wher to be found. I suppose it's in the genes. So there's only one thing I can do: this ice I'm going to make more often .
Question of the week: How do you make ice cream without ice an ice cream
This question is often asked. People don't have an ice cream maker or don't want one (no more machines .... ).
Overall, there are two methods :
- This method uses at ice made of water or milk (no cream): Cool and mix everything well. Put in a freezerbox and store in the freezer. Swirl every half hour with a form and make sure you disconnect the ice from the edges, until the ice is set. This will give you tiny crystals and great ice;
- This method is very suitable for ice cream made with cream: Cool all ingredients. Mix the cream with sugar until it's like thick yogurt. Fold the remaining ingredients gently through it. Put in a freezerbox and freeze. You don't have to stir because the mixture already contains enough air bubbles.
And of course you can use these methods very well for the following recipe.
- Use the best dark chocolate you can find. This makes the taste of the ice cream even better.
- Make sure all your ingredients are thoroughly cold. Your ice cream will be ready faster.
- Flavoring by taste doesn't make much sense. The cold changes the the sweet flavor(it becomes less sweet when it is cold). You can't test it very well because of that.
- Replace the dark chocolate with a dark chocolate bar with hazelnuts.
- Replace the whole milk with soy milk and the whipped cream with soy cream which can be whipped. A good dark chocolate is lactose free (always check the ingredients). This makes this recipe lactose-free.
- A nice swipe of whipped cream.
- Decorate your bowl with Banana slices. Chocolate and banana are an irresistible combination.
- Replace the honey with 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Replace the vanilla extract with a bag of vanilla sugar.
- You can replace the whole milk with semi-skimmed milk.
With these tips, this ice cream (8 servings) costs € 0.45 per serving.
- The ice can be stored in a air tight container in the freezer If you get crystals on top throw it away.
Other delicious ice cream
- Creamy apple pie ice cream
- honey ice cream with dark chocolate
- mango apple and passion fruit ice cream (vegan)
- Lime frozen yogurt
It's a good taste!
Recipe Chocolate ice
Did you make this homemade Chocolate ice cream? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Homemade chocolate ice cream
This recipe is:
- 400 ml cream
- 400 ml whole milk
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 110 grams sugar
- 40 grams honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- If you have no ice cream maker, mix the cream until it got's the thickness of yoghurt. Gently spoon the chocolate milk, honey, cornstarch, vanilla extract and salt through and follow the above method (See description how to make ice cream without an ice cream maker tip 2).
- Put the chocolate, along with milk and sugar in a bowl and hang the bowl over a pan of boiling water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water ( au-bain-marie).
- Let the chocolate melt fully.
- Then cool the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When you use the ice cream machine, mix your cream with the chocolate milk , honey, cornstarch, vanilla extract and salt and pour it into the machine.
- Let it run for 30 minutes and put in a freezer storage box and store in the freezer.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.