Filled omelet with chicken and vegetables, skinny, fast and low in carbohydrates. A healthy recipes for the whole family. Ready in 20 minutes and very delicious.
After the busy weekend, it’s Monday again. A new week, with new healthy and skinny recipes. Easy to make and it doesn’t take long, so ideal for a Monday when our schedule is over the top with al kinds of activities. Our youngest ate even two plates full of veggies, that is a very good count.
- you slice everything in advance, your mise-en-place is ready for use when you start stir-frying. Always have your mise-en-place done when you stir-fry, it's such a quick way of cooking.
- This is a great recipe to use your left over vegetables like pepper, tomatoes and that half leek that's laying in the refrigerator.
- you want to eat a vegetarian dish, you exchange the chicken with mushrooms and pepper.
- veggies in season taste the best, vary this recipe with those. So in summer use arugula and spinach instead of leek.
- Baked potatoes, really delicious
- A warm oven baked baguette, which you bake in the oven while preparing the omelettes
- You can't store these omelettes so eat them right away.
- The vegetable chicken mixture can be baked and cooled down quickly. Afterwards you can store it for a maximum of 2 days in an airtight container. Don't freeze it however, because the structure will change.
Other delicious skinny
It's a good taste!
Recipe Filled omelet with chicken and
Did you make this filled omelet with chicken and vegetables? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Filled omelet with chicken and vegetables
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 sticks celery
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- olive oil
- Cut the carrots in small cubes (about 0.5 cm x 0.5 cm).
- Quarter the tomatoes.
- Slice the celery and leek in small stripes.
- Put all together in a bowl and set aside.
- Dice the chicken (1 x 1 cm) and add salt and pepper at taste.
- Heat a frying pan and add olive oil.
- Stir-fry the chicken 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and vegetables and stir-fry another 4 minutes.
- Check if the chickens is well done and turn of the heat.
- Put a lid on the frying pan and set aside.
- Heat a second frying pan and add olive oil.
- Whisk two eggs with 1 tablespoon water and pour in the hot frying pan.
- Bake an omelet. Repeat until you’ve got 4 omelets.
- Put the omelet on a plate and (on one half) scoop the chicken/veggie mixture on the egg.
- Put the empty half of the omelet on top and serve.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.