Today is a nice and simple recipe: Easy shrimp curry. Within 20 minutes on the table, so not only easy but also really fast.
Today is a nice and simple recipe: Easy shrimp curry. Within 20 minutes on the table, so not only easy but also really fast. Eat it with basmati rice (which combines with this super curry) and a green salad. Serve with coriander and lemon at you and quick meal is complete.
- Frying the ginger, garlic, onion and chili pepper briefly will bring out the flavors even more and make them more intense. The same goes for the curry pasta and tikka masala.
- When you add the shrimps they have a gray color. They are done when they are pink. That's usually within a minute or two. Serve the curry immediately, because if you heat them even further, they will become tough.
- If you want a spicier recipe, replace the chili pepper with a jalapeño pepper.
- You can also replace the shrimp with cubes of white fish, such as cod.
- Serve with naan or prawn crackers and white rice. As a vegetable you can add a tasty green salad and cucumber.
- Don't reheat the shrimp, they become sticky.
- Don't freeze this curry. The structure changes and that won't taste very well.
Other delicious curry
It's a good taste!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Easy shrimp curry
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 cm fresh ginger peeled, finely grated.
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 red chilli cleaned of seeds and cut into small pieces
- ⅓ tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon grounded tikka masala
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200 grams shrimp peeled and removed the intestinal tract
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Add the ginger, garlic, onion and chill to the pan and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and tikka masala and fry it for 1 minute with.
- Pour the coconut milk to the other ingredients and bring it to the boil.
- Simmer the flavor mixture for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Get the shrimp in the pan and let it boil until done. By then they just got a beautiful pink color.
- Serve immediately (you don't want your shrimp to cook too long, because they won't be tasty anymore).