Discover an easy and delicious recipe: Slow Cooker Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk. Packed with rich flavors and mouthwatering aromas, this dish will surprise you with every bite.
It is an easy-to-make recipe where you let the slow cooker get the most out of this recipe. The long stewing gives the chicken time to become wonderfully tender and absorb all the flavors of the silky, tasty sauce. Try quickly.
Crockpot Chicken Curry
Have you ever eaten something that exceeded all your expectations? This delicious chicken curry with coconut milk will undoubtedly succeed. An easy-to-make recipe that will surprise you with every bite.
A dish full of rich flavors made in the slow cooker. The slow preparation ensures that all herbs and spices have a deeper flavor. And that the chicken fillet becomes very tender. The creamy coconut gives a silky sauce and ensures the spices blend into a delicious sauce.
Flavorful Chicken Curry with Coconut
When I served this chicken curry, expectations were high. We are real curry lovers (part of our family; the other part prefers the Dutch pot). I often make curry with beef, which has a different bite, but everyone loves this chicken curry. We ate it the first time with rice and a salad. Mix the curry sauce with the rice; it's so delicious!
TIP: I have made it many times now (before a recipe goes online, it has to be good), and the last time, I added green beans for some extra vitamins. Both variants were popular.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 ¼ pound chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and finely grated
- 5 cloves garlic squeezed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 14 ounce diced tomatoes can
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 oz. creamed coconut
- 1 cup water
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Place the onions in the slow cooker and the chicken cubes on top. Spoon the ginger and garlic onto the chicken.
- Place the spices in the slow cooker: cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, coriander, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, and chili powder.
- Place the creamed coconut in the slow cooker and also add the water.
- Fill everything with the diced tomatoes. Stir everything and place the bay leaf on top.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and turn it on low. Let it cook for 6 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.
- Refrigerator: Store the stewed chicken curry with sauce in the fridge for three days.
- Freezer: Freeze the chicken curry in the freezer for up to three months. Let it thaw in the refrigerator.
- To reheat: Reheat the curry in the microwave or place it in a pan with a little extra water and heat over medium-high heat.