With this cold weather this stew with gingerbread and apple butter is really delicious. A recipe with a delicious sweet flavor.
With this cold and stormy weather this stew is very tasty. The gingerbread and apple butter give this dish a delicious sweet taste. The meat needs quite a bit simmering to become tender, but that gives the meat time to absorb all the flavors in it.
And did I tell you my home smelled so delicious from start?
The children were not very enthusiastic in the beginning.
When my middle son thinks he doesn't like the meat which is served he becomes vegetarian (so he says) for that day (fortunately that does not happen often). Our youngest heard him saying that, but didn't know the word quite well so he became vegatastic for a day. But after smelling he tried and he was immediately no longer vegatastic for the rest of the meal.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Stew with gingerbread and apple
Did you make this stew with apple butter and gingerbread spices? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Stew with gingerbread and apple butter
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 2 red onions sliced
- 500 grams Beef tenderloin steak lean
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 bottle dark beer
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 4 cloves
- 5 juniper berries
- 2 bay leaves
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Caramelize the onions.
- Meanwhile, cut the beef into cubes of approximately 1.5 by 1.5 cm. Cut away large chunks of fat.
- Sprinkle the cubes with flour.
- Add the beef steak and garlic to the onions and roast the meat until it is nicely browned and the fat edge has melted away a bit.
- Pour in the beer, apple butter and balsamic vinegar.
- Put the juniper berries and cloves in a tea egg. Place it in the liquid.
- Place the gingerbread cookies and the bay leaves on the meat.
- Put the lid on the pan and let it simmer for 15 minutes. The cookies are then deliciously soft and you can stir through them.
- Continue to simmer on very low heat (possibly with a warming plate) for another 2 hours, while stirring occasionally. If the meat becomes too dry, add a little more water.
- Serve. Serve with mashed potatoes and peas with carrots.
- this recipe can be made in the slowcooker as well. After step 5 put the beef and the rest of the ingredients in the slowcooker. Turn it on low. Stew for 8 hours.