Today, on the blog, there is a tasty recipe that you will definitely want to make: Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken. Juicy, flavorful chicken pieces with a homemade BBQ sauce perfectly balance sweetness and a little spice.
The best part? You don't have to spend all day in the kitchen to make this easy meal. The slow cooker is simmering away while you have time for other things! Are you ready for it? Let's get cooking!
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken with Homemade BBQ Sauce
The star of this recipe is the homemade BBQ sauce, in which the chicken is cooked until it falls apart. The delicious herbs of the BBQ sauce give the chicken a lot of flavor, and it is also very easy to make.
And because you make it yourself, you can easily adjust it to your taste. If you want a little more depth, add some soy sauce. And if you like it spicy, stir in some pepper.
And after making the sauce, you put the chicken in it, which becomes a 'set and forget' recipe. Just before dinner, bake the rolls in the oven and top each roll with pulled chicken and salad.
Crockpot BBQ Chicken
This is a really easy recipe that anyone can make. All you have to do is mix the BBQ sauce, place the chicken in the sauce, and let the slow cooker do the work.
After seven hours on low (or four on high), you will have a delicious pulled chicken for your sandwich. I love that a dish has so much flavor with so little effort. I'd say try it yourself and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup curry sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup Japanese soy sauce
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 4 Sandwich buns
- 4 oz. mixed lettuce
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Put oil in a pan and fry the shallot for three minutes on medium heat.1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 shallot
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for thirty seconds. Put everything in the slow cooker.2 cloves garlic
- Pour the curry, Worcestershire, and soy sauce, and stir in the fennel seeds and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.½ cup curry sauce, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, ⅓ cup Japanese soy sauce, ⅓ cup dark brown sugar, 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and turn to coat with the sauce.2 pounds chicken breast
- Turn the slow cooker on low for 7 hours.
- Use two forks to separate the cooked chicken.
- Stir everything thoroughly into the sauce again. Top the pulled chicken with lettuce. Serve immediately.4 Sandwich buns, 4 oz. mixed lettuce
- Oven: Set the oven between 200 and 230 °F (90 - 110 °C). Put everything in an oven dish with a lid and let it cook for 4 hours.
- Pressure cooker - Instant Pot: For this amount of meat and sauce, use the pressure cooker or Instant Pot on high for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Let the Pulled Chicken and sauce cool quickly to room temperature.
- Refrigerator: Store the pulled chicken covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: Pack in a freezer container or bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Reheat: Place in an oven dish and cover. Use bottom and top heat for 20 minutes at 350 °F (180 °C). It can also be reheated on the stove over medium heat but dries out quickly. Add a little extra water to keep the pulled chicken moist if necessary.