Slow cooker beef pot roast with plums is comfort food with an autumn twist. The sauce's flavors, a good beef cut, and prunes make this dish the ultimate comfort food recipe. You are going to love this easy recipe!
Why Slow Cooking is so Great!
When it gets chilly and cold outside, there's nothing better than a delicious stew on the stove. The wonderful smells come from the kitchen, and then enjoy a delicious meal in the evening.
Sounds idyllic, doesn't it? And that's how I really feel, except that I usually don't cook my stews on the stove anymore. I am a huge slow cooker fan. No more chance of burning pots, you don't have to stay close, and the vegetables keep a bite instead of being thoroughly cooked. Lots of flavors.
Beef Pot Roast with Plums
This beef and prune stew is delicious with the sweet, savory sauce, tender meat, and prunes and carrots as an extra filling. You can put everything in the crockpot bowl and turn it on within 10 minutes, and a few hours later, you have a delicious evening meal! Enjoy!
And do you like slow cooker recipes? Then look at this page with the tastiest recipes from the slow cooker, such as Sloppy Joes, a delicious pasta sauce with ground beef and good traditional Dutch Hachee.
What do you need for Crockpot Beef and Plum Stew?
To prepare this Beef Pot Roast with Plums, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Chuck roast - Chuck roast is used in this recipe. But you can also use a round roast (top or bottom) or tri-tip roast.
- Carrots, garlic, and onions - lightly fried, give a delicious flavor to the sauce.
- Prunes - Use dried plums; they are nice and sweet. The plums take over the delicious flavor of the sauce.
- Tomato Paste - To deepen the flavor. But make sure you use it properly. To give it its delicious rich, and slightly sweet taste, bake it for at least 2 minutes.
- Oil - For frying the vegetables and meat.
How to prepare Rich Beef Stew with Plums
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Fry the onions, carrots, and tomato paste in a skillet for about 3 minutes until the onions are translucent. Remove the vegetables from the pan with a slotted spoon and place them in the slow cooker.
- Place the meat cubes in the pan and fry until the meat is golden brown (stir occasionally). That takes about 5 minutes. Next, place the contents of the pan in the slow cooker.
- Add garlic and water.
- Put the lid on the pan, set the slow cooker to low, and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
Serve with mashed potatoes and delicious green beans with herbs.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast with Plums
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ pound carrots sliced
- 5 oz. onions sliced
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 4 oz. Dried plums
- 4 cloves garlic squeezed
- 1 cup water
- Put oil in the pan and add the onions, carrots, and tomato paste. Stir-fry over medium heat for 3 minutes until onions are translucent. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place in the slow cooker.2 tablespoons vegetable oil, ½ pound carrots, 5 oz. onions, ¼ cup tomato paste
- Add the meat to the pan and cook until almost seared (it doesn't need to be cooked through), about 5 minutes. Then, place the contents of the pan in the slow cooker.2 pounds chuck roast
- Add water and spoon the garlic and plums into the crockpot.4 oz. Dried plums, 4 cloves garlic, 1 cup water
- Put the lid on the pan and place it on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Refrigerator - Cool the hash quickly. You can keep the beef pot roast with plums covered in the fridge for up to two days.
- Freezer - Allow the meat to cool quickly and place it in an airtight freezer box or bag and freeze. This keeps it good for up to 3 months. Then, let it thaw in the refrigerator.
- Reheat - Heat the hash over medium heat while stirring until hot.