Tender, sweet spare ribs marinated with homemade BBQ sauce. Cooked in the oven and then caramelized on the grill. Who can resist this delicious recipe?
We like to grill them on the BBQ. And we have some demands as in regard to our spare ribs. They must meet two conditions.
- They should be deliciously tender (the meat should almost fall off the bone)
- The flavor is very important. Without a good seasoning, a spare rib becomes such a disappointment.
Homemade barbecue sauce
And both specs aren't that difficult at all. You prepare this delicious barbecue sauce from my winner recipe and smear the meat generously with it. Wrap each piece in some aluminum foil and cook them at a low temperature in the oven.
This way you have to grill them for another 10 minutes on the BBQ and you have really eaten the best spare ribs ever.
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
sweet spare ribs with homemade bbq sauce
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
homemade BBQ sauce
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic squeezed
- 1 red pepper without seeds, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 55 gram brown sugar
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 300 ml tomato ketchup
- 1500 grams short ribs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- bbq sauce homemade, recipe above
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper white, ground
Homemade Bbq sauce
- Heat the oil in a small pan and whisk the onion and the garlic in one tablespoon of olive oil, for one minute.
- Add the fennel seed, sugar, chili, soja sauce, and tomato ketchup and heat for five minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 265 degrees Fahrenheit (130 degrees Celsius).
- Add to the small pan with bbq sauce the sugar, soja sauce, onion powder, garlic, and oil, and add salt and pepper at the taste.
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Take for each part rib 2 small leaves of aluminum foil, large enough to fold it after the sparerib is in it. Lay de 2 leaves on each other (with only 1 leave the rib might tear it).
- Brush the rib with the marinade, lay it on the aluminum foil, and add an extra tablespoon on the rib.
- Fold the foil, so no air can escape
- Repeat this for all the ribs and put them on a large baking plate.
- Bake for about 2 hours. Unwrap the ribs and put them back on the plate.
- Grill them for 10 minutes (or bake them in the oven for another 15 minutes at 440 degrees Fahrenheit (225 degrees Celsius)