A sauce completes a raclette evening. Like whiskey cocktail sauce, barbecue sauce, mayonnaise, curry or garlic sauce. Everyone has their own preference. With these recipes make the most delicious sauces in no time!
I love it, I confess honestly. A delicious sauce to go with a raclette. To spread on my bread, to smear or cover the vegetables and the meat. And I have my preferences. Whiskey cocktail sauce with fish. Garlic sauce and barbecue sauce on meat. Mayonnaise and curry are not really my thing, but yeah the kids love it.
And today I give the recipes of five sauces that you can find when I'm hosting a raclette. The nice thing is that some of these sauces again are the basis for the other sauces. These sauces are great with these raclette recipes.
- all sauces are perishable, I make them most, the day before, but preferably on the same day. And of course, keep them until use in the refrigerator.
- you add the oil drop wise in the beginning with the mayonnaise. That way you get a nice smooth sauce. Add it too quickly, and you will get lumps.
- it's currently winter (over here) and tomatoes are just not as tasty, so grab a good pot passata. Fresh tomatoes you just use in the summer.
- you use raw egg in the mayonnaise, it isn't suitable for elderly, the sick and young children
It's a good taste!
Raclette recipe 5 homemade
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 250 ml sunflower oil
- Mix the egg yolks in a bowl with the mustard, salt and vinegar.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Pour sunflower oil dropwoise, while continuing to mix with your whisk.
- Make sure all the oil is incorporated (after approximately 100 ml of oil, you can start pouring with some more flow).
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- 2 onions
- 400 ml passata
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 80 ml vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch star anise
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chop the onion finely.
- Fry the onions over low heat in the oil until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, vinegar and spices.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Strain the curry and cook further until desired thickness.
- Add more spices to taste, if you wish.
Homemade garlic sauce
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 500 ml sour cream
- 180 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Slice the garlic very fine and mix with the lemon juice.
- Stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise and sugar
- Add the garlic, chives and parsley and mix well.
- Taste and add sugar, salt and pepper, at taste.
Whiskey cocktail sauce
- 100 ml mayonnaise
- 50 ml half and half whisk until it gets the thickness of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon brandy or whiskey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- pinch paprika grounded
- Mix the curry, mayonnaise, cream and brandy until you get a smooth sauce.
- Mix in the worcestershire sauce and grounded paprika.
- Taste and add some more worcestershire sauce or ground paprika if needed
Homemade Bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 100 ml curry
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 75 ml dark soy sauce salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on the stove.
- Add the onion and cook on low heat until translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour the curry and mix with fennel seeds, sugar and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool to room temperature
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.