The sister of the famous recipe with chicken: coq au vin blanc. Fresh, sparkling flavors and very delicious! Because of the added herbs and vegetables, it got a lot of flavors.
A recipe for coq au vin blanc as the French say or just plain chicken in white wine (doesn't sound that great isn't it). It's a variation on the classic coq au vin which is made with red wine. In this recipe, white wine is used instead. I've added some bacon, veggies, and herbs to give it even more flavor. The chicken was so done, the meat fell off the bones. Tip: Serve this with a salad and some potatoes.
- Make this recipe in the slow cooker by following the recipe until step 8 baking the tomato paste. Then place everything in the bowl of the slowcooker and turn it on high heat for 5-6 hours.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Coq au vin blanc
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- cast iron pan with lid or a crotch pot
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 chicken legs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons pearl onions
- 20 sun-dried tomatoes
- 30 grams tomato paste
- 500 ml white wine like a Chardonnay
- 500 ml chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Use a pan that is suitable for oven baking (like cast iron) and add a dash of oil.
- Add the bacon and bake until it's golden brown.
- Take out the bacon and put it aside on a plate.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken legs and bake them on both sides for about 4 minutes on high heat until they're golden brown
- Take the chicken legs out and put them on a plate and set them aside.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the small onions, sun-dried tomatoes, and tomato paste and bake everything for 2 minutes (keep stirring) until the paste smells sweet instead of sour.
- Add the white wine and stock to the pan and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Turn the heat low and return the chicken legs and bacon to the pan.
- Put the lid on the pan and let it stew in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Take it out (be careful the pan will be very hot) and serve immediately.
- Tip: make this recipe in the slow cooker by following the recipe until step 8. Place everything in the bowl of the slow cooker and turn it on low heat for 5-6 hours.