A recipe for a casserole with schnitzel, lots of vegetables, and cheese contain many vitamins. Serve with whole wheat pasta. Full of flavor and easy to prepare.
Vegetables are an important part of dinner. And with this casserole with schnitzel, you are right on top. Because besides zucchini, a lot of tomatoes, and onion, I also added carrot. And when you want to get the most out of it, serve it with a green salad.
The recipe is Italian, but you probably could tell it because of the tomato and zucchini in it. Serve it with whole wheat spaghetti for enough fibers.
The dish can be made the evening before or in the morning and stored in the refrigerator, so you only would have to bake it in the oven and cook the pasta. A smart and easy dinner on your way.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Casserole with schnitzel, lots of vegetables and cheese
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 500 grams schnitzels no crust, 4 pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 carrot cut into small cubes
- 1 zucchini cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 400 mL passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 125 grams mozzarella cheese
- 50 gram cheese grated, like Gouda
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Heat some oil in a frying pan
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the cutlets and bake the schnitzel in the pan. Put them at the bottom of a baking dish.
- Add the onion to the frying pan and bake them briefly until they are translucent.
- Add the garlic and diced carrots and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and bake for another 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the sieved tomatoes and herbs and bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide the mozzarella over the cutlets.
- Then pour the sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Serve with a serving of whole-wheat pasta and a salad.