These enchilada's are creamy, slightly sweet, savory by the added chicken and crispy because of the grated cheese. A delicious Mexican casserole these enchilada with chicken, tomato sauce and cheese recipe. Serve with brown rice and a green salad.
Enchilada's are street food in Mexico. And I made my own variant which are off course delicious, slightly sweet, crispy and done in a wink. And very budget friendly.
Every bite of this enchilada is a winner. The moist chicken in a flavorful tomato sauce wrapped in a crunchy wrap with a dash of creamy crème fraîche. An every day food recipe.
It's a good taste!
Recipe enchilada with chicken, tomato sauce and
Enchilada with chicken, tomato sauce and cheese
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 3 chicken breast
- 1 tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- 125 ml crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil.
- Add the chicken breast to the stock and poach them in about 10-12 minutes until done.
- Remove the chicken from the stock and cut in small slices (make sure to reserve the stock)
- Grate the cheese and dice the tomato.
- Mix the tomato puree with the garlic and garam masala
- Take a tortilla and spread ¼th of the tomato puree mixture on top.
- Then take ¼ of the chicken and ¼ of the tomato dices and make a straight line in the middle of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle a bit grated cheese on top and a tablespoon of creme fraiche.
- Roll the tortilla tight and lay them in a casserole dish.
- Repeat this for all the tortilla.
- Smear the remaining creme fraiche on the top and sides of the rolled tortilla's.
- Sprinkle with cheese and add 3 tablespoons of stock into the casserole dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice and a salad.