This spicy cucumber salad is delicious with Asian food or an Indian curry. Fresh cucumber, spicy pepper, and nutty cashew nuts. Delicious and fresh.
My husband is a photographer and got his's own studio, behind our house. On Thursdays, the studio is open to the public. So the dinner has to be quick and easy. No garlic of course (because of the customers).
Today I've planned Bami Goreng. A quick dish with noodles and meat, but in my opinion, there could be more vegetables on my table to go with that. The children are not very easy when I mention the word salad, but love a bowl with cucumber (which of course is all right too).
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Spicy cucumber salad
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 2 cucumbers English
- 15 grams coriander
- 1 peper unseeded and chopped
- 75 grams cashew nuts unsalted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chinese wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 red onion chopped
- Split the cucumbers and spoon the seeds out. Cut in half-moons which are about ¼ inch (½ cm) thick.
- Mix in another bowl the oil, sugar, and Chinese wine vinegar. Keep stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the oil/vinegar mixture on the cucumber. Add the pepper and the onion. Mix the salad very well and put it in the refrigerator for at least an hour to optimize the flavors.
- Just before serving dinner add the cashew nuts and the coriander leaves to the salad. Serve immediately to keep everything fresh.