A light, omega rich and delicious summer recipe: penne with smoked mackerel and herb cheese. Super tasty, quickly made (within 15 minutes on the table)
A few weeks ago I received a package from our postman. Now that's most of the times not so special, but I hadn't order anything. My husband had not ordered and the children now .. yes you do understand the point which I'm getting to. In this package were tasty cans with grilled mackerel fillets. A new product from Rio Mare. It's true that I don't always write about everything I receive, but it happens to something that I think is for you as my reader interesting and therefor a thing I want to share. And there might even be a recipe that I will make up with it.
Smoked mackerel and
And just because I'm not very familiar with smoked mackerel (and you're probably ain't either), it seemed fun to do something with it. And if you then happen to encounter such a can (buy or deliberately) then this might be some inspiration.
I made a summery dish of pasta with leeks and herb cream cheese. Now you may think that leeks are a real winter vegetable and that's true, but it is also a summer vegetable. Leek is harvested throughout the year and always fresh from the ground, because there are both summer and winter leeks. So in season, light and omega rich this tasty recipe for sure is.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Penne with smoked mackerel and herb
Penne with smoked mackerel and herb cheese
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 leeks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cans grilled mackerel fillet naturel 120 gram per can
- 600 grams penne
- 150 grams garlic herb cheese
- 100 ml heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put a pan of water on the stove, bring the water to a boil and prepare the penne according to manufacturers instructions.
- Meanwhile, wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Peel the onion and slice it fine.Clean the leek and cut it into thin strips.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and leek 3 minutes on low heat, while stirring.
- Tear the mackerel fillets into pieces into the pan and add the tomatoes, herbs, cheese and cream.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper at taste.
- Mix the penne with the mackerel leek mixture and serve immediately.