Summer spaghetti with arugula, capers and ham. A recipe which you can make in just 15 minutes, which makes it a great summer recipe (because you don't want to cook a long time when it's hot). And only 5 ingredients.
This summer spaghetti has got simple and easy ingredients. With fresh arugula and ham. A light recipe and I love that in summer, because you don't have to spend a lot of time in your kitchen.
💭 Top tips
- Capers are stored in a salt and vinegar solution. Make sure you drain them under cold running water otherwise this solution will dominate the flavor of your spaghetti recipe.
- If you want to eat vegetarian, substitute the ham with roasted or sun-dried tomatoes. Slice them in small strips before you add them.
- Arugula is a lettuce which means it can wither fast. Therefor add it at the last second. That way this veggie stays crunchy.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to looking it up. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
Summer spaghetti with arugula
- 400 grams spaghetti
- 300 grams arugula
- 125 grams ham in cubes
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers
- salt and pepper at taste
- Bring water tot the boil for the spaghetti
- Rinse the capers and slice them fine.
- Bake the ham until it gets a slight brown color.
- Grate 1 tablespoon of lemon rind and juice the lemon.
- Wash the arugula and cut it in small strips.
- Add the spaghetti to the water and cook conforming the instructions of the manufacters.
- Rinse the spaghetti and mix with the ham, 2 tablespoons lemon, arugula, 1 teaspoon lemon grate and capers.
- At salt, pepper and extra lemon juice at taste.