A delicious summer spaghetti with ham and arugula, a quick and easy recipe. This recipe has only five ingredients: the slightly sour capers, peppery arugula, fresh lemon, and ham cubes that are a delicious combination with the spaghetti. This super-fast, tasty pasta is the summer recipe that everyone loves.
Italian Spaghetti with Ham
In the summer, you often have lovely warm days. Great to relax outside. And delicious to eat with friends and family at a long family table. But with that hot weather, you don't want to spend too long in the kitchen.
This recipe is then ideal. It is fresh, light, and on the table in 15 minutes.
This Summer spaghetti has delicious, light and easy ingredients. Delicious with fresh arugula and ham. A light dish, and I love that in the summer.
What do you need for Lemon & Ham Spaghetti?
To prepare this Italian Spaghetti with Ham, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Spaghetti - Use fresh or dried spaghetti and prepare according to package directions. You could also use tagliatelle or penne.
- Ham - Ham cubes can be bought ready-made in the supermarket. If you like to eat vegetarian, replace the ham cubes with (semi) sun-dried tomatoes that you half before you add them.
- Capers - Capers are kept in a salt vinegar solution. To keep the taste of the capers from overpowering, rinse them with cold water before adding them.
- Arugula - Deliciously peppery, and it provides a bite. Arugula is a type of lettuce, and the disadvantage is that it withers quickly. That's why you only add the vegetables at the last minute. This keeps it wonderfully crunchy.
- Lemon - For a touch of extra freshness, add juice and zest. Use fresh lemon juice; it's the best.
How to prepare Ham Pasta - No Cream
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package. If you like al dente, cook it 1 to 2 minutes shorter.
- Fry the ham cubes briefly for a delicious taste and mix it with the lemon juice through the spaghetti.
- Also, add the lemon zest and arugula.
- Add the rinsed capers to the pan and mix well. Taste, season with salt, pepper, and extra lemon juice if necessary, and serve immediately.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Italian Spaghetti with Ham
- ¾ pound arugula
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Bring water to the boil for the spaghetti.
- Bake the ham until it gets a slight brown color.5 oz. ham
- Grate 1 tablespoon of lemon zest and juice.2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Wash the arugula and cut it into small strips.¾ pound arugula
- Add the spaghetti to the water and cook conforming to the instructions of the manufacturers.1 pound spaghetti
- Rinse the spaghetti and mix with the ham, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, arugula, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, and capers.1 tablespoon capers
- At salt, pepper, and extra lemon juice at the taste.salt and pepper
- Refrigerator - Keep the spaghetti covered in the fridge for up to two days.
- Freezer - Freeze the spaghetti in a freezer bag or box. This keeps it good for up to a month. Then, let thaw in the refrigerator.
- Reheating - Use the microwave to reheat the spaghetti quickly. You can also heat it in a frying pan with some oil on medium heat. Keep stirring. After it's warm, add the arugula.
Amy Liu Dong says
My family and I love pasta so much. This one is so delicious and easy to prepare!