Prepare a creamy pesto made from kale and old cheese and mix that with the spaghetti. Add some sundried tomatoes, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese and you've got a delicious vegetarian meal.
Kale is a versatile vegetable that contains many super vitamins. A kind of superfood therefor, albeit one that you already eat since your childhood. I love to use kale in a hotchpot or quiche. But did you know you can make a great pesto with it.
The classic pesto with pine nuts, garlic, basil, olive oil and Parmesan cheese isn't the only one I make. No pesto's I make in all variations. I adjust them to match the season. For me a basil pesto is much better suited to summer. Those smells, so aromatic, belongs with a warm summer evening. This kale pesto with old cheese got a more powerful flavor, which again fits superbly into cold winter days.
And then the spaghetti. Because of the full flavor of the kale pesto, the spaghetti doesn't need anything more. I just added some strips of sun dried tomato (a sweet accent), crunchy pine nuts and some grated Parmesan. Just to finish it. And then you've got a quick and tasty meal!
It's a good taste!
Recipe Spaghetti with kale
Spaghetti with kale pesto
- Blender or food processor with knife
- 6 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 200 grams kale sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 60 grams pine nuts toasted in a dry pan
- 80 grams old cheese
- 400 grams pasta fresh is the best
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- delicious with a green salad or tomato salad
Make the pesto
- Heat half the olive oil in the pan and add the garlic.
- Stir-fry for 30 seconds then add the kale.
- Bake two minutes, pour 100 ml of water and cook the kale in about 5 minutes.
- Put the kale in the blender and grind with the old cheese, pine nuts and olive oil until you get a creamy pesto. If it seems to be a bit dry, add some extra olive oil.
Prepare the spaghetti and serve
- Prepare the spaghetti according to the recipe (or the manufacturer's instructions) and drain.
- Put back into the pan and mix the pesto through.
- Spoon into a serving dish and sprinkle with the pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes and grate the cheese above. Serve immediately.