This macaroni is a quick meal (less then 15 minutes) and therefore suitable as a holiday dish. The kids love it when it is served with a delicious salad and fresh fruit.
Again a very easy vacation recipe: fast macaroni. You can serve it with some good fruit, cucumber and a salad. Ideal for warm weather.
This recipe is a family recipe and the favourite meal for our youngest. When you ask him which meal he chooses as diner, he always chooses macaroni. No french fries, no pizza and no hot dog, but always macaroni. He eats such a lot of it, that he even doesn't want dessert.
So it's almost impossible to go on a holiday and don't cook this macaroni for once. Our youngest would be so disappointed.
- Adding olive oil to the boiling water in which you cook the pasta doesn't help against sticking of the pasta against each other. The oil just floats on top. If you don't want sticking pasta add the olive oil when the pasta is drained.
- When you open a can of tomato paste you can smell the paste is a bit sour. By baking the paste 2 minutes in some oil the smell and flavor becomes sweeter and more delicious.
- The bacon, ground beef and onion mixture makes the macaroni salty, so it isn't necessary to add extra salt!
- This pasta is delicious with fresh watermelon, a delicious salad and / or cucumber slices.
If you want to take some pre-preparations for this macaroni, you can! Read the tips below:
Up to 1 day before:
- Fry the bacon with the onions and then add the minced beef and bake until done. Add the tomato paste and let it simmer gently. This mixture can be kept in a sealed container in the refrigerator until use.
Just before use:
- Warm the beef mixture in the skillet and when warm add to the cooked macaroni.
It's a good taste!
Recipe: fast and simple
This recipe is:
- frying pan
- 125 grams bacon
- 300 grams ground beef
- 500 grams macaroni
- 1 onion
- 60 gram tomato paste
- 1 dash olive oil extra virgin
- salad with cucumber and/or melon and Parmesan to go ahead
- Slice the onion.
- Cut the bacon in small slices.
- Put a frying pan on low heat and add the bacon.
- After 1 minute add the onion and bake for another 4 minutes.
- Add the minced beef to the onion / bacon mixture and bake it until it's well done.
- Meanwhile boil water in a big pan.
- When the water boils add the macaroni and cook as written on the directions on the package. We love to cook it just al dente.
- Spoon the beef mixture on the side of the frying pan and put the tomato paste in the middle. Bake the tomato paste for about two minutes. (You know when it's right when the aroma of the paste changes from sour to sweet. The same happens with the flavour of the paste. When you bake it for about two minutes it becomes a little bit sweet. When you don't the paste tastes sour.)
- Mix the tomato paste with the beef and turn the heat of. Drain the macaroni and add a dash olive oil. Mix very well.
- Then add the beef mixture and again mix very well until every macaroni piece got a nice orange/red colour.
- Serve this with a salad, cucumber and/or melon and you've got a delicious meal. (we also love to grate some Parmesan on it, to taste even better!)