Pasta Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino is the ultimate proof that a quick and simple Italian recipe is irresistibly delicious in its pure form. You only need a few ingredients for it. Just spaghetti, garlic, red pepper, and good olive oil. And a few other little things from the pantry. On the table within 15 minutes, and you literally lick your fingers.
Pasta Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino
You can have this quick Italian recipe on the table in 15 minutes. Delicious pure flavors with five basic ingredients. This spaghetti with garlic, oil, and chili pepper is irresistibly delicious.
This classic Roman recipe is a recipe that Italians often eat as a starter or snack. And after a night out, it's really a favorite (it is something different from our egg sandwich in the Netherlands 😉). But, of course, it all has to do with the fact that spaghetti Aglio, olio e peperoncino is so easy to make.
It seems simple
And if you want to know if you really eat in an excellent Italian restaurant, it's best to order the Pasta agile, olio e peperoncino. It's one of the simplest pasta dishes and very simple to make, but if you don't do it right, you can screw it up.
For example, garlic. If you let it brown too much, it will become bitter. Or the number of peppers. Peppers spice up this dish, but too much can make the steam come out of your ears. But if you use this recipe, you will definitely be fine!
What do you need for Spaghetti Con Aglio, Olio e Peperoncini?
To prepare this Pasta aglio, olio e peperoncini, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Spaghetti - Cook the spaghetti in salted water until al dente. You can use dried or fresh Pasta.
- Olive oil - This recipe stands and falls with olive oil because it gives so much flavor. Use an excellent extra-vierge olive oil.
- Garlic - Cut the garlic into thin slices and fry it lightly. Don't let it brown too much (only slightly on the sides), as it will become bitter.
- Red chili pepper - Remove the seeds from the red chili pepper and then chop it finely. With seeds, the Pasta becomes hotter in taste.
- Salt - For seasoning.
- Parsley - Although entirely optional, highly recommended as it adds a fresh flavor to this recipe. If you go for the classic recipe, you don't add parsley.
- Parmesan Cheese - Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over the spaghetti after serving if you like. Wholly optional, and there will be table companions who find it absolutely unnecessary!
How to prepare Spaghetti Garlic, Oil and Chilipepper
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water until al dente and remove a ladle of cooking liquid from the pan before draining the spaghetti. Set the liquid aside. Also, set the drained hot spaghetti aside (with the lid on to keep warm).
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the thinly sliced garlic and finely chopped pepper. Cook until the garlic has just turned brown on the edges.
- Then add the soup spoon of cooking liquid, and the cooking will stop immediately. Mix the contents of the pan with the spaghetti.
- Optional: Mix chopped parsley through the spaghetti. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve right away.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and a delicious salad with arugula.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Pasta Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino
- ½ pound spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil extra verge
- 4 cloves garlic cut into thin slices
- 1 small red chili pepper deseeded, sliced finely
- 10 sprigs parsley chopped finely (Optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions in water to which you have added two teaspoons of salt.2 teaspoons sea salt, ½ pound spaghetti
- Remove one soup spoon (about a cup) of cooking liquid from the pan (keep it separately) and drain the spaghetti. Leave it in the pan with the lid on.
- Leave the spaghetti with the lid on the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil until hot and fry the garlic with the chili pepper until the garlic is just very lightly browned around the edges.½ cup olive oil, 4 cloves garlic, 1 small red chili pepper
- Turn off the heat and add the spoon of hot pasta cooking liquid (this will stop the cooking process immediately).
- Mix the garlic mixture and parsley (optional) into the spaghetti.10 sprigs parsley
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve immediately with some Parmesan cheese on the side. (Optional)Parmesan cheese