A recipe of spaghetti with carrot hazelnut pesto: a creamy pesto made of carrot and hazelnut mixed through spaghetti al dente, with a delicious bite. Taste it yourself because this dish doesn't need anything more.
Have you ever made your own pesto from scratch? Or do you always buy it in the supermarket which is also an option. But if you've ever made this delicious tapenade yourself, you definitely make it more often. Because besides homemade pesto got so much more flavor, it is also very simple to prepare. Most people eat (and make) pesto made of basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic and olive oil. Tasty and we eat it very often. But when summer is gone and the basil doesn't grow outside in the garden anymore, I vary with the ingredients. So I made already kale pesto, red pesto and arugula pesto, all so full of flavor.
And then I scrolled somewhere on the internet and saw a recipe with carrot hazelnut pesto. I do not even know anymore where I found it, because I was scrolling and I went further. But it kept flickering in my mind. What could I do with a carrot hazelnut pesto?
I decided to combine it with spaghetti. By mixing the spaghetti with the pesto, every straw runs through the pesto and will have that delicious taste. And I made a delicious carrot salad as a side dish with some cress, which have a nice spicy flavor that combines super with the spaghetti.
- First add the carrot, hazelnuts, garlic and cheese into the food processor and grind. Then add the olive oil slowly so that you can precisely determine the correct smoothness.
- Cook fresh pasta in a pan where you have added salt. For dried pasta don't add salt to the water, you need to cook dried pasta longer and your spaghetti can get too salty.
- After cooking the spaghetti you don't have to add olive oil (maybe you add some so the spaghetti won't stick) but the pesto is sufficient.
Recipe: spaghetti with carrot
Spaghetti with carrot hazelnut pesto
- 400 grams spaghetti fresh or dried
- 250 grams carrot cut into small pieces
- 50 gram hazelnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 75 grams Parmesan cheese
- pinch salt
- 75 ml olive oil extra vierge
- hazelnuts optional: roughly chopped for garnish
- Bring a pan with sufficient water to the boil.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the manufacturers directions.
- Add the carrot, hazelnuts, garlic and cheese in the food processor and chop fine.
- Pour in about half of the olive oil, mix and add slowly add more oil until you get the right thickness.
- Drain the spaghetti and mix the pesto through the spaghetti.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle some hazelnuts over the spaghetti if you want.
- This spaghetti is delicious with a carrot salad with cress.