Stir-fry spinach with feta and potatoes. A quick and beautiful dish which is tasty to. And what's superb: it only takes 20 minutes to serve and besides the herbs it takes only 4 other ingredients. That does sound good!
Stir fry with spinach that's a different meal than which my mother made when I was little. She cooked the spinach and served it with a hard boiled egg. No, in 2016 you use spinach in all kind of ways. And that's not strange, because it's a great vegetable full of vitamines and with a delicious taste.
I used some sweet cherry tomatoes for this dish, which are a delicious combination with the salty feta cheese. The potatoes, which I made my own by peeling them, cut them in parts and pre-boil them for 10 minutes), are deliciously flavored with some Greek herbs.
I served Greek marinated olives which you can add to your own taste (we have some kids around here and not everyone likes the olives). Thereby you get a healthy vegetarian dish.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Spinach with feta and potatoes
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2.2 pounds potatoes waxy, cube or slice them. Make sure to cook them for 10 minutes in boiling water.
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 7 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 14 oz. spinach fresh spinach, wash before use.
- 4 oz. feta cubed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oil in a pan.2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add the potatoes with the herbs and bake everything for 10 minutes until the potatoes are slightly brown.2.2 pounds potatoes, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Add the cherry tomatoes, stir and bake for another 3 minutes.7 oz. cherry tomatoes
- Add the spinach and stir-fry until it shrinks just a bit for about 2 minutes.14 oz. spinach
- Turn of the heat and mix the feta cheese through the spinach potato mixture.4 oz. feta
- Flavor with salt and pepper.¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon pepper