Greek marinated olives, marinated in garlic and oregano, which gives them a delicious taste: that's a good snack at the Greek buffet!
Olives, salty taste will become extra flavorful if you marinate them yourself with herbs and spices. For this Greek olives I chose garlic, oregano, lemon and a little pepper. By letting them marinate overnight the olives took this delicious flavors into itself.
An easy-to-make recipe, which is good to pre-prepare and therefore very suitable for our Greek buffet.
- you want to make your guests as easy as possible, use seedless olives. Besides the easy bite, the flavor of the spices will become more intense.
- You want to vary with flavors to add to your olives, you can also add dill, rosemary or mint.
- your oil can't be stored at low temperatures, you store it overnight at room temperature. By heating the oil before pouring in the jar, you can easily make this dish a day in advance and the olives will stay ok.
A day before
- Prepare the olives, let them cool slightly and screw the lid on the jar. Store overnight at room temperature.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Greek marinated
Greek marinated olives
- 500 ml olive oil
- 3 sprigs oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ red pepper seeds removed
- 1 lemon peel about 2 cm
- 200 v olives
- Pour the olive oil in a pan.
- Place the sprigs of oregano in the oil.
- Cut the garlic cloves in half and add to the oil, along with the lemon peel.
- Bring to a boil and heat for 1 minute more.
- Put the olives in a clean jar (with screw cap), and pour the oil on olives.
- Put the lid loosely on the pot and let it cool.
- When the oil is cool enough, tighten the lid of the jar.
- Let the olives marinate for at least 8 hours at room temperature
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Canning jar