Greek marinated olives, marinated in garlic and oregano, which gives them a delicious taste: that's a good snack at the Greek buffet!
Olives, salty taste will become extra flavorful if you marinate them yourself with herbs and spices. For this Greek olives I chose garlic, oregano, lemon and a little pepper. By letting them marinate overnight the olives took this delicious flavors into itself.
An easy-to-make recipe, which is good to pre-prepare and therefore very suitable for our Greek buffet.
- you want to make your guests as easy as possible, use seedless olives. Besides the easy bite, the flavor of the spices will become more intense.
- You want to vary with flavors to add to your olives, you can also add dill, rosemary or mint.
- your oil can't be stored at low temperatures, you store it overnight at room temperature. By heating the oil before pouring in the jar, you can easily make this dish a day in advance and the olives will stay ok.
A day before
- Prepare the olives, let them cool slightly and screw the lid on the jar. Store overnight at room temperature.
Recipe Greek marinated olives
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Greek marinated olives
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- canning jar
- 500 ml olive oil
- 3 sprigs oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ red pepper seeds removed
- 1 lemon peel about 2 cm
- 200 v olives
- Pour the olive oil in a pan.
- Place the sprigs of oregano in the oil.
- Cut the garlic cloves in half and add to the oil, along with the lemon peel.
- Bring to a boil and heat for 1 minute more.
- Put the olives in a clean jar (with screw cap), and pour the oil on olives.
- Put the lid loosely on the pot and let it cool.
- When the oil is cool enough, tighten the lid of the jar.
- Let the olives marinate for at least 8 hours at room temperature