And today I opted this delicious stir fry cauliflower, noodles and beef. It's fast, easy and delicious. With tips for stir-frying.
What a lovely weekend we had with warm temperatures! In any case, here in my little village was the weekend good place to be. We even swim because it was so hot. And I read a great book, such a relaxing moment's quite fine. Anyhow, the kids couldn't be kept away from the pool. And who can blame them, you have to enjoy it as it can. It's still a long period until school vacation (until the end of July), so such a warm weekend with lots of sun is extra nice.
But after that wonderful long weekend, we still continue with normal life and the busy Monday's already started. During the week I prefer to eat tasty, quick and healthy meals.
And today I opted this delicious stir fry cauliflower, noodles and beef. Of course I did not use packets and sachets because, believe me, that really isn't necessary to get great taste (and it is certainly not faster). A healthy and quick dish and on the table within 15 minutes!
To stir fry is
Stir-frying is a very healthy cooking technique. It comes from China, where they used to have very little wood available and so there was a need to bake the food as quickly and efficiently as possible. When stir-frying you cut vegetables and meat as small as possible so that it's done in a wink. You bake the meat and vegetables on high heat and because the bits are so small, it is also quickly finished.
It is a very healthy method because there's almost no additional moisture add (and therefor the vitamins are kept in the vegetables) and you only need one tablespoon of oil. And because of that the taste of your vegetables and meat are with this cooking technique focused and fuller.
- Ensure proper mise en place, ie cut everything in advance and put it into bowls ready to grab. Stir-frying means acting quickly and stir the whole time so you don't have time to cut something.
- Use small portions and little moisture. It is intended that the wok remains as hot as possible, in order to get a good result. With too large portions or a lot of moisture that doesn't work anymore. When stir-frying your baking must sound like crackle. When it sounds more like a hiss there is either too much stuff in the wok, or is it too wet.
- Initially add just 1 tablespoon of oil. Usually it is enough to stir-fry everything. Optionally, you can add a extra tablespoon. Also, use an oil which can withstand high heating: sunflower oil, grape seed oil and soybean oil are very suitable. Groundnut oil also can be used, but it is an oil-based on peanuts, where people can respond strongly to when having a peanut allergy. Olive oil is not a good oil to use with stir-frying.
Success with these tips and you will definitely succeed!
It's a good taste!
Stir fry cauliflower, noodles and
Stir-fry cauliflower, noodles and beef
- 500 grams noodles
- 1 tablesppon sunflower oil
- 2 steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cm fresh ginger grated
- 500 gram cauliflower cut into fine florets
- 200 grams peas
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Bring a pan filled with water to a boil and cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a wok until it is hot.
- Pat the steak dry, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and fry the steaks 6 minutes in the wok over medium heat. Turn after 3 minutes.
- Remove the steaks from the pan, place on a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let the meat rest.
- Put the cauliflower with garlic and ginger to the pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and stir-fry another minute.
- Pour in the hoisin sauce and stir fry it for 2 minutes more.
- Mix the noodles with the vegetables and turn of the heat.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle some sesame oil on top of the noodles and divide among 4 plates.
- Cut the steak into thin strips and place them on top of the noodles.
- Serve with a slice of lemon.