Salty smoked salmon blended into a creamy mousse and spiced up with watercress, herbs and lemon. A delicious savory high tea sandwich recipe.
Almost every high tea has a recipe with fish. And what could be better than a nice smoked salmon. Smoked salmon is good to come by (always nice when shopping) and has a delicious salty taste. By processing into a creamy mousse, it is easily processed into a sandwich. You season the mousse with watercress, herbs and lemon.
1 day in advance
- Make the salmon mousse and keep it covered in the refrigerator until use
In the morning
- Make the sandwiches and wrap them in plastic foil. Remove from the cooling just before use and garnish with watercress
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Sandwiches with creamy smoked salmon and watercress mousse
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Cut the crust from the bread and cut into quarters. Repeat this for each slice of bread.
- In a blender, mix cream cheese, smoked salmon, watercress, chives and lemon zest.
- Smear a square sandwich with the salmon mousse and top with a bread square.
- Also spread some smoked salmon mousse on this slice and cover with a third piece of bread.
- Garnish with fresh watercress.
Leave a Reply