Salty smoked salmon blended into a creamy mousse and spiced up with watercress, herbs and lemon. A delicious savory high tea sandwich recipe.
Almost every high tea has a recipe with fish. And what could be better than a nice smoked salmon. Smoked salmon is good to come by (always nice when shopping) and has a delicious salty taste. By processing into a creamy mousse, it is easily processed into a sandwich. You season the mousse with watercress, herbs and lemon.
1 day in advance
- Make the salmon mousse and keep it covered in the refrigerator until use
In the morning
- Make the sandwiches and wrap them in plastic foil. Remove from the cooling just before use and garnish with watercress
It's a good taste!
Recipe Sandwiches with smoked salmon and watercress
Sandwiches with creamy smoked salmon and watercress mousse
- Blender or food processor with knife
- 9 slices white bread casino bread is the best for sandwiches
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 100 grams smoked salmon
- 50 grams watercress + extra for garnish
- 3 stalks chives fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Cut the crust from the bread and cut into quarters. Repeat this for each slice of bread.
- In a blender, mix cream cheese, smoked salmon, watercress, chives and lemon zest.
- Smear a square sandwich with the salmon mousse and top with a bread square.
- Also spread some smoked salmon mousse on this slice and cover with a third piece of bread.
- Garnish with fresh watercress.