Enjoy these delicious chicken tortilla pinwheels with herb cheese, cucumber, and crispy salad. An easy and quick dish and a lovely fresh snack for a party, a picnic, or a nice lunch.
Creamy herb cheese, salty chicken, fresh cucumber, and salad. These festive wraps are the perfect choice for any occasion!
Delicious Chicken Wraps with Herb Cheese - Quick and Easy Recipe
For me, tortilla pinwheels are the ultimate snacks to serve at a party or picnic. They are easy to prepare, quick and easy to prepare, and always tasty.
But these chicken wrap snacks could not be missed. They are tasty, fresh, and budget-friendly to make.
Try them yourself!
What do you need for Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups?
To prepare these Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels, you require the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Tortilla wraps: Delicious plain wheat tortillas are used for this recipe. But you can also opt for a multigrain wrap tortilla with a slightly nutty taste.
- Chicken breast (deli): Slices of chicken breast from the deli department. Gives a delicious taste and is a bit salty.
- Herb cream cheese: A creamy, spreadable cheese flavored with herbs (and often garlic). Boursin is the most famous herb cream cheese, but you could use other brands.
- Cucumber: Shaved into thin slices and not diced. Bits are not very convenient for these wraps. Due to the thin slices, the cucumber distributes much more evenly.
- Mixed Lettuce: This is a good choice for wraps because it is crunchy and stays fresh longer. You can also replace it with arugula, which tastes light and peppery.
How to prepare Fresh Chicken Pinwheels
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Heat a tortilla wrap in a hot frying pan for a few seconds so that it can be rolled well. Brush one side with the herb cream cheese.
- Top it with thin slices of chicken fillet. Let them overlap a bit.
- Peel the cucumber and slice the cucumber into long strands using a cheese slicer or vegetable peeler. Not with the seeds (then the wrap will be too wet). Place cucumber slices on top of the chicken breast. Sprinkle mixed lettuce on top.
- Roll up the wrap tightly and wrap it in plastic wrap. Let it cool for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
To serve: remove the plastic foil and cut it into thin slices. Serve with skewers.
Tips and Variations
- Also tasty: add some thinly sliced grilled bell pepper to the wrap. Or thin slices of avocado.
- Instead of regular chicken breast, you can also use smoked chicken breast. The smoky flavor is wonderfully combined with the rest of the ingredients.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 4 tablespoons herb cream cheese
- 8 slices chicken fillet deli
- 1 cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 oz. mixed lettuce
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Heat the tortilla wraps in a hot frying pan for five seconds and then remove them from the pan.2 tortilla wraps
- Place the wrap before you and cover with half of the herb cream cheese.4 tablespoons herb cream cheese
- Divide half of the chicken breast over the cream cheese. The slices should overlap slightly.8 slices chicken fillet
- Place cucumber strings on the chicken fillet and divide the mixed lettuce on top.1 cucumber, 2 oz. mixed lettuce
- Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Repeat for the other wrap.
- Let it cool for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, remove the foil and cut the wraps into slices about ½ inch (1 cm) thick. Serve with skewers.
- Add some thinly sliced grilled bell pepper to the wrap. Or thin slices of avocado.
- Instead of regular deli chicken breast, you can also use smoked deli chicken breast. The smoky flavor is wonderfully combined with the rest of the ingredients.
- Refrigerator: Keep the chicken wrap snacks with herb cheese in the fridge until you are ready to serve them. Wrap them in plastic wrap, or if you've already cut them, store them in an airtight container. This keeps them good for up to 2 days.
- Freezer: You cannot freeze these wrap rolls because the cucumber and lettuce will change their structure, which is not good.