Tuna Salad Roll-Ups are delicious to serve at a party, drink, or house-warming party. They are quick, easy, and delicious to make. The homemade tuna salad. Fresh mixed lettuce and creamy herb cheese ensure that every bite tastes delicious. A wrap snack that goes up quickly at any party.
Tuna Salad Roll-Ups
Are you having a party, and are you looking for a snack that is easy to make, can be prepared in advance, and everyone likes: delicious tuna pinwheels! Nice and fresh because of the mixed lettuce and creamy because of the herb cheese. A delightful combination and easy to make. You can make these wraps within 15 minutes.
I always make my tuna salad. Because it is so easy, and you can adjust it to your taste. And I always have the ingredients for my tuna salad at home. Do you always make tuna salad from scratch?
And do you feel like making a snack board with different warps? Then take a look at wraps with salmon and witch's cheese, cold wraps with chicken, or at my page with the tastiest appetizer and snacks (all delicious to serve with these wraps). Good luck!
What do you need for Tuna Pinwheels?
To prepare this Tuna Salad Roll-Ups, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Tuna - Use canned tuna. You can buy this with olive oil, sunflower oil, or water. The end result doesn't matter much, but tuna in water is slightly slimmer.
- Tortilla wraps - Wheat wraps are used in this recipe. If you go for healthy, you can also take whole-wheat wraps. Do you want to use fewer carbohydrates? Then use carrot, pepper, or beet wraps.
- Mayonnaise - Makes a rich and creamy tuna salad. And you can also make it yourself with this homemade mayonnaise recipe.
- Curry - also known as curryketchup, currygewürz, or currygewürzketchup is a sauce widely eaten in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, and Denmark. It is a spicy, sweet variant of tomato ketchup. Do you want to make it yourself? Then take a look at this delicious curry recipe made from scratch.
- Italian herbs - This herb mix with parsley, oregano, chives, and basil gives a delicious taste to these tuna salad wrap snacks.
- Mixed Lettuce - This is a good choice for wraps because it stays crisp and fresher for longer. You can also replace it with arugula, which gives a light pepper taste.
- Cream cheese with herbs - fresh cream cheese with garlic and herbs. You can spread this well and also use it for cooking. We use it here as the base flavor on the tortillas.
How to prepare Cream Cheese and Tuna Wraps
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Make the tuna salad by mixing the drained tuna with mayonnaise, curry, and Italian herbs.
- Spread the top of a tortilla wrap with herb cheese and divide ⅓ of the tuna salad over the middle.
- Spread the mixed lettuce over it.
- Roll up the wraps and put them in the fridge for at least an hour. Then, cut them into small pieces (about ½ inch (1 cm) wide) and serve with tapas skewers.
Delicious on a platter accompanied by warm stuffed apricots with goat cheese and bacon, homemade chicken curry salad (for toast), or wraps. I often make wraps with chicken and cream cheese or smoked salmon wraps.
Tips, Substitutions, and Variations
- Warming tortilla - By briefly heating the tortilla in a dry frying pan, you can roll it better without them tearing. They don't have to be hot; a little warm (5 to 10 seconds on medium heat) is enough.
- In plastic rolls - Rolling the wraps in plastic and refrigerating for an hour will allow the flavors to blend well and keep the wrap in shape.
- Cut or for lunch - You can serve this wrap as a snack, but it is also delicious to eat for lunch (a very versatile recipe)!
- Do you want an extra slim snack? Then replace one tablespoon of mayonnaise with one tablespoon of Greek yogurt and use tuna in water instead of oil.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Tuna Salad Roll-Ups
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- ½ tablespoon Italian herbs
- Make the tuna salad by mashing the fish with a fork, removing lumps, and mixing it with the mayonnaise, curry, and Italian herbs.1 cup canned tuna, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon curry sauce, ½ tablespoon Italian herbs
- Place a wrap in front of you and spread with a tablespoon of herb cream cheese.3 tablespoons cream cheese with herbs, 3 tortilla wraps
- Place ⅓ of the tuna salad in the middle of the wrap.
- Spread the mixed lettuce over it.2 oz. mixed lettuce
- Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Remove onion from refrigeration, eat immediately, or cut into slices of about ½ inch (1 cm) and serve as a snack.
- Refrigeration - You can keep the cold wraps with tuna in the fridge for two days (which means you can make them a day in advance). Then store them in the plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
- Freezer - Remove the mixed lettuce (or wait to add it). You can't freeze lettuce! Instead, cut the tortillas into small wraps and spread them on a baking tray. Put it in the freezer for 2 hours, then collect the wraps and put them in a freezer container or bag. This way, they stay good for up to 1 month. Let them thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Then add the lettuce.