Sweet apricots filled with creamy goat cheese and wrapped in salty bacon. A few minutes in the oven and you've got this great snack.
On New Year's Eve we come together with our friends and laugh and eat small appetizers, which everybody takes a long. Our tastebuds are used those evenings, with a lot of succesful recipes. And therefor the coming couple of days small appetizers. Ideal to eat on New Year's Eve (or on any time of the year). And starting with: filled dried apricots with goat cheese.
- you want this snack juicy and not dry and burned, you soak the apricots in hot water.
- you want to make this dish in advance, you put the stuffed apricots in the baking dish and cover the baking dish with plastic foil. Put in the refrigerator until you bake it. You can make it up to one day in advance;
- the apricots are very hot, serve it with a stick (believe me that's better for your fingertips)
It's a good taste!
Recipe stuffed apricot with goat
Filled dried apricot with goat cheese
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 20 apricots dried
- 50 grams goat cheese soft
- 10 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Boil water and take of the heat.
- Put the apricots in the water for 10 minutes and get them out with a slotted spoon.
- Cool them slightly.
- With a sharp knife make a cut in the apricot (not through and through only about ¾ deep).
- Fill it with a small cube of goat cheese.
- Cut the bacon in half and wrap the apricot.
- Put the apricot in a baking dish.
- Put the baking dish in the oven for 5 minutes and eat while they are still warm.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat