Lumpia filled with chicken, vegetables and Oriental spices. Bake them in the oven or fry them and you get a delicious crispy snack.
I've already made a recipe with spring rolls, which were filled with a mixture of minced meat and chicken. Now I have been experimenting with a different filling and I made this delicious mini chicken spring rolls.
The chicken spring rolls make a delicious snack for New Year's Eve. And of course the recipe:
It's a good taste!
Did you make this chicken lumpia? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 250 grams chicken breast cut into small pieces
- ½ leek thinly sliced
- 1 carrot grated
- 30 grams vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 20 lumpia sheets
- Put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and drain.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Mix the noodles with the carrot and leek
- In a second bowl, mix the egg, oyster sauce, garlic and five spice powder
- Mix the chicken with the sauce.
- Then you mix the vegetables and vermicelli with it.
- Take one sheet and, with the point facing you, place on a clean surface (photo instruction here).
- Place 1½ tablespoons of filling 2 cm from the edge.
- Fold the end over the filling and turn the filling with wrapper around once.
- Fold the right and left sides over filling.
- Then roll further until you get a cylinder.
- The end on top (about 2 cm) is brushed with water, before the rolling is done.
- Repeat, using all wrappers and filling.
- Preheat the frying pan to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place a spring roll in the fat and bake for 2 minutes.
- Get out of the frying pan and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Then again put it back in the pan for another 2 minutes.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- deep fryer