It never has been so easy to make crisp lumpia with these step-by-step video guide. Filled with minced meat, chicken and crisp veggies this becomes a great snack
I love a crisp lumpia. And the recipe below is just delicious! They are crunchy, with veggies. You can eat them on a party as an appetizer or as a part of a buffet. Spring rolls are always a great hit.
- You want the sheets to stick together, you brush some water on the sides.
- The wrappers will dry out easy, you put the sheets in between a wet towel, while working with them.
- You serve them on a platter, you can accompany them with (sweet) chili sauce or soy sauce as a dipper.
- You just love shiitake mushrooms, you add them in you're filling with the vermicelli (about 30 grams)
- You made them in advance, you can store them for about 3 months in the freezer. Add an extra minute for the first step when you deep-fry them.
- The rolling part isn't very hard, but it's easy when you see it, I've add a video of the rolling of the lumpia in this recipe.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this crisp lumpia? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 30 grams vermicelli
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots grated
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 eggs size L
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper fresh grounded
- 250 grams chicken breast
- 250 gram ground pork
- 30 sheets lumpia sheets 8 square fresh or frozen and thawed
- Place the vermicelli in a large bowl.
- Cover with hot water and soak for 5 minutes.
- Cut the vermicelli in small pieces.
- Add to the vermicelli the onions, carrots and scallions.
- In a second bowl whisk together the eggs, fish sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Ground the chicken in the blender and add the chicken and the pork to the second bowl.
- Then add the noodle mixture and mix until just combined.
- Take one wrapper and, with the point facing you, place on a clean surface.
- Place 1.5 tablespoons of filling 2 cm from the edge.
- Fold the end over the filling and turn the filling with wrapper around once.
- Fold the right and left sides over filling.
- Then roll further until you get a cylinder.
- The end on top (about 2 cm) is brushed with water, before the rolling is done.
- Repeat, using all wrappers and filling.(see pictures above for the rolling).
- Preheat the frying pan to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place a spring roll in the fat and bake for 2 minutes.
- Get out of the frying pan and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Then again put it back in the pan for another 2 minutes.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.