These Lumpia cheese and cauliflower are vegetarian. It's my favorite because I just love it when the cheese melts over the cauliflower and combine everything with spices. The crispy grilled Lumpia's made a delicious snack or appetizer.
Cauliflower a real vegetable in season right now. One of my favorites. I make it all sorts of ways cooked, baked, raw and as a soup. But did you know you can make a delicious Lumpia with them. To the cauliflower some cheese is added which melts through and through the Lumpia and covers the cauliflower. Together with the spices it gives a great additional flavor. After it's grilled the crispy outside with the cauliflower and sticky cheese gives a great flavor combination. Don't forget to make they honey mustard dip for extra bonus points!
I prepare them as a starter at dinner or when I want to serve a snack at a party or brunch.
- Folding Lumpia's is often seen as a challenge. I've made a photo collage the method is explained step by step (from top right to bottom left).
- You cook the cauliflower until it stil got a bite, so you won't overcook it because the cauliflower cooks a little bit further when grilling.
- You use a grill pan instead of a deep fryer. Therefore you do not need oil, and you still get a crispy outside
- These Lumpia's are delicious with a honey-mustard-dill sauce (mix honey-mustard and dill in a ratio of 1: 1: 1)
Preparation how to make Lumpia cheese and
In the morning:
- Cook the cauliflower in the morning, let it cool down to room temperature and store it, covered with a plastic foil, in the refrigerator until use.
Store Lumpia cheese and
- If you don't eat all the Lumpia, then wrap it in plastic and warm the next day in the grill pan. Don't freeze them because the cauliflower doesn't do well in the fridge.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Lumpia cheese and
How to make it
Lumpia cheese and cauliflower
- ½ cauliflower
- 100 grams cheese matured
- ½ teaspoon cumin ground
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- Lumpia wrappers
- salt and pepper
- Mustard dill sauce for instructions see tips
- Wash the cauliflower and cut into small florets.
- Cook the cauliflower florets until al dente. Grate the cheese.
- Mix the grated cheese, cauliflower, yogurt and cumin powder in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make sure that the Lumpia wrappers are lying under a damp cloth, so the sheets won't dry out.
- Use a brush to lubricate the sides of a sheet with water (see the video for clarification).
- Spread about 2 tablespoons cauliflower cheese mixture over the spring roll.
- Put the cauliflower on the low side of the sheet and let the borders on both sides 2 cm free from cauliflower.
- Fold the sides inwards (about 2 cm), and roll the spring rolls.
- Before the final rotation is made, you moisten the spring roll on the inside with a little extra water so it sticks well.
- Role the roll further all.
- Repeat for all the sheets, or until all your filling is done.
- Ensure that the grill pan is hot and fry the spring rolls on both sides until a nice grill pattern is seen.
- Serve with mustard dill sauce.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Grill pan