A delicious recipe for a delicious snack: pull apart bread filled with mozzarella and cream cheese. This is nice on Sunday, at a party, always a great appetizer.
A real nice dish as appetizer that is delicious any time. A filled pull apart bread! Filled with a mixture of mozzarella and cream cheese. And sprinkled with fresh herbs. Sounds delicious?
- You do not have bread baking machine, you knead the dough for 10 to 15 minutes by hand or mixer with dough hook. The dough is then flexible and elastic. Let it rise for an hour at a warm place and proceed with the recipe.
- To geft a soft bun, you use melted butter as a topping. Did you know that this recipe is also delicious with herb butter.
- you put the buns under a damp tea towel and then under a plastic wrap and let them rise in a warm place. This way the dough does not dry out.
- you measure the ingredients well. When baking weighing your ingredients is very important for the end result.
- When adding salt and yeast take them as far apart as possible. Yeast will die if it comes in contact with pure salt. Even better add the salt after kneading for 5 minutes to be safe.
- If you don't have buttermilk on hand, substitute it with 250 ml milk and 1 teaspoon vinegar
- substitute rosemary and basil with herbs of your choice like parsley, chives or time
- This is really delicious with a glass of wine. When you make an appetizer buffet (which we do often on Sundays) serve some extra garlic butter (to smear on top) or a herb dipper.
- This bread is best when eaten on the day of baking.
- It can be stored at room temperature when wrapped in aluminium foil. Bake the bread 10 minutes at 220 degrees before serving (and leave the aluminium foil around it while baking).
- This bread can be freezed for a maximum of 2 weeks. First wrap it in aluminium foil and then in plastic foil before storage. When you want to serve it bake it directly from the freezer (first remove the plastic wrap, leave the aluminium foil on) for 20 minutes at 220 degrees Celsius.
- Try this pull apart bread with garlic butter and cheese.
- A delicious filled bread is this Caprese baguette
- Dip with these dip and break bread with Camembert
- Beer cheese bread, a delicious appetizer
- Baguette with goat cheese, herb butter and ham.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Pull apart bread filled with mozzarella and
Did you make this pull apart bread with Mozzarella and cream cheese? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Pull apart bread filled with mozzarella and cream cheese
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 4 grams yeast dry
- 5 grams sugar
- 255 mL butter milk
- 35 grams butter melted
- 7 grams salt
- 400 grams flour
- 40 grams mozzarella grated
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons herb butter melted
- 3 tablespoons herbs very fine chopped like fresh basil / rosemary and thyme
- Fill your bread baking machine following the instructions of the manufacturer. In my case that's: first the buttermilk and melted butter. That topped with flour and the rest of the ingredients are on top of that. I choose the dough option which means the dough will be kneaded and got it's first rise.
- Afterwards put the dough on a floured surface and roll out until it's 45 x 30 cm.
- Cut with a pizza roller the dough in 24 almost equal parts.
- Mix in a bowl the cream cheese with the mozzarella and garlic.
- Take a piece of dough and lay one teaspoon of cheese mixture on top.
- Fold the dough tidy (especially the sides) and then roll it into a ball.
- Repeat that for all 24 dough pieces and arrange them so they look like a big christmastree or any form you like.
- Put a moist towel on top of them and then a plastic foil and let it rise for 1 hour at a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the bread for 17 minutes in the oven.
- Melt the herb butter.
- When they come out of the oven, immediately brush them with the butter and sprinkle with the fresh herbs.
- Serve right away.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Bread baking machine